Rocketry Center Forums
Semroc Centurion-F - Printable Version

+- Rocketry Center Forums (http://rocketrycenter.com)
+-- Forum: General Discussions (http://rocketrycenter.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Mid Power (http://rocketrycenter.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=30)
+--- Thread: Semroc Centurion-F (/showthread.php?tid=795)

Semroc Centurion-F - MarkH - 12-16-2017

I bought a pack of Estes F motors and decided it was time to open the Centurion-F.  I purchased this kit when it was released in spring or summer 2013.  It is intended to be flown on the then new Estes F15 29mm black powder motors.  The Centurion-F was part of the last batch of new kits released by Semroc, before Semroc founder Carl McLawhorn passed away a short time later.

[attachment=1610]
[attachment=1611]
[attachment=1612]
[attachment=1613]

RE: Semroc Centurion-F - MarkH - 12-17-2017

The rocket has been built and flown.  Total time less than 48 hours.  A new record for me. 

I used super glue to tack the fins on then made fillets with 30 min epoxy, so I made pretty quick work of it. I glued the coupler to the top half and sealed off the baffle to make a payload bay.  

Maybe I'll paint it when it gets warmer.

Two post build thread.  It doesn't get any better than that.  Thanks for watching boys and girls.  This concludes another great build thread here on the Rocketry Center.

[attachment=1614]
[attachment=1615]
[attachment=1616]
[attachment=1617]
[attachment=1623]
[attachment=1618]
[attachment=1619]
[attachment=1620]
[attachment=1621]
[attachment=1624]
[attachment=1622]

RE: Semroc Centurion-F - IndianaSteve - 01-03-2018

Looks like you got some great altitude out of the F motors! That one has been on my build list for a while, this post has made me want to bump it up in priority!
I was in hobby Lobby yesterday and picked up a pack of the F15-4’s. With the 40% off coupon just too good to pass up. I am starting a big Bertha build with a 29mm motor mount. Should be a fun flier on those Estes F motors.

RE: Semroc Centurion-F - wclune - 01-03-2018

Big Bertha on an F that's gonna GOOOO

(01-03-2018, 12:11 PM)wclune Wrote: Big Bertha on an F that's gonna GOOOO

Yes I’m going to replace the balsa fins with plywood, and then figure out how much weight I will need to add to the nose cone. Should be a fun flyer though once I get it sorted out 😁

RE: Semroc Centurion-F - wclune - 01-03-2018

I have laminated paper on the balsa fins that works real well. That fins sit way back on the Bertha i dont think you need to add weight.

(01-03-2018, 12:29 PM)wclune Wrote: I have laminated paper on the balsa fins that works real well. That fins sit way back on the Bertha i dont think you need to add weight.

Yeah I usually laminate with paper on all my balsa fin rockets. I launch primarily in farm fields so landings can be a bit rough on the rockets especially when the weather turns cold and the ground freezes.