Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Rocket Hauler
As I am getting older, and rockets are getting bigger, Ive gotten tired of beating both the rockets and my SUV all up and decided LDRS was a good excuse to by a trailer!
So, here it is, a Bendron Titan, 5x10 V-Nose, now outfitted with a 2500w generator, light, outlets, etc
I insulated the ceiling, painted it, and used Rustoleum 10x Deck paint on the floor and ramp.

Dave Greger L3
NAR# 95846
MDRA #65

Hollie L1
NAR# 99687
Nice job on the trailer Dave! Smile
I have a new Atlas utility trailer (7x10) that I am figuring out my designs on.
Before I commit to making a wooden rack for my larger birds I wanted to see how people set theirs up.
I figured I would do this at LDRS, as I am sure there will be a lot of different approaches I can get ideas from.
Greg Young - L3
TRA 00234
NAR 42065
(06-19-2015, 02:03 PM)Greg Young Wrote: Nice job on the trailer Dave! Smile
Before I commit to making a wooden rack for my larger birds I wanted to see how people set theirs up.
I figured I would do this at LDRS, as I am sure there will be a lot of different approaches I can get ideas from.

Thanks Greg, Yeah walk around and see what works for everyone, remembering what works for one wont work for all, I will be hauling alot of extra gear to LDRS that I would'nt normally have for monthly launches so my setup will change after next weekend. My parking lot mate has a Nissan Cube so I am hauling his Canopy, chairs and a few rockets for him along with my canopy, chairs, supplies, generator, coolers, grill etc. So I say set it up for the way you will use it the most. Stop by my spot (A15)!
Dave Greger L3
NAR# 95846
MDRA #65

Hollie L1
NAR# 99687
Very nice.  I am only just under 3 years back into the hobby so it's going to take me a while to build up a case with the wife for one of these but it's on the list!  My strategy is to take up as much space at home with rocket stuff then introduce the trailer as a solution.  Knowing my wife it will likely become me new home so I better make it a big one!

BTW I don't see a wine rack?
(06-21-2015, 10:16 AM)Pitter Wrote: BTW I don't see a wine rack?

Pitter, it only took me 3 years to go for the trailer, but it helped alot that I am single again now and my Dad helped me pay for it!

The wine rack isnt going in, way too difficult to regulate the temp/humidty! But there will be wine at LDRS! (after flying of course!)
Dave Greger L3
NAR# 95846
MDRA #65

Hollie L1
NAR# 99687
(06-21-2015, 09:09 AM)dgreger Wrote:
(06-19-2015, 02:03 PM)Greg Young Wrote: Nice job on the trailer Dave! Smile

Thanks Greg, Yeah walk around and see what works for everyone, remembering what works for one wont work for all, I will be hauling alot of extra gear to LDRS that I would'nt normally have for monthly launches so my setup will change after next weekend. My parking lot mate has a Nissan Cube so I am hauling his Canopy, chairs and a few rockets for him along with my canopy, chairs, supplies, generator, coolers, grill etc. So I say set it up for the way you will use it the most. Stop by my spot (A15)!

will do, thanks Dave! Smile
Greg Young - L3
TRA 00234
NAR 42065
(06-22-2015, 07:29 AM)dgreger Wrote: The wine rack isnt going in, way too difficult to regulate the temp/humidty! But there will be wine at LDRS! (after flying of course!)

There is a way to regulate the temp/ humidity, just have to postpone that Level 3 rocket by another year.

http://www.campingworld.com/shopping/ite...mber/58117

Wink
"I wanted it to be as clean as that operating room where they're gonna cut out yer heart!"
Stockdale Will Will Stockdale
"Last name first first name last."
I love the rocket hanging WAY COOL

Bill Clune L3 | NAR#88583
Been a launch Director
Founded a Club
MARS Club|SRC|MDRA - Forever
WvonBraun: If I was setting up like a camper I would have a wine/beverage fridge for sure!

Bill: I had to hang that rocket and actually theres another one hanging on the left now. They will swing but not far enough to hit the ceiling. Need the floor space for all the crap I have to haul to LDRS! The monthly MDRA launches will be a breeze compared to packing for Potter! Although once it starts getting cold again there will be a heater and I'm going to hang a shower curtain across the back to keep the heat in. Give us a place to get in out of the cold and wind and warm up for a few minutes.
Dave Greger L3
NAR# 95846
MDRA #65

Hollie L1
NAR# 99687
Since you can't buy a simple plastic paper towel holder anymore, I decided to make my own!

Dave Greger L3
NAR# 95846
MDRA #65

Hollie L1
NAR# 99687