Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Aerotech 29-40/120 Liner Crack
agreed a strap wrench would be better-- bill not the rears, I get those off with a towel. The forwards which have nothing to grip. I wish they knurled them.
Not all motors require hazmat, most of the small Aerotech stuff is packaged in way that does NOT require Hazmat! Some Loki 38mm loads are the same way, the I405 is a great example NO HAZMAT.

Bill Clune L3 | NAR#88583
Been a launch Director
Founded a Club
MARS Club|SRC|MDRA - Forever
(06-22-2015, 01:55 PM)DBMcCann Wrote: agreed a strap wrench would be better-- bill not the rears, I get those off with a towel.  The forwards which have nothing to grip.  I wish they knurled them.

Dave assemble the forward first, if it is tight something is wrong, then use the tool to close the aft.

Bill Clune L3 | NAR#88583
Been a launch Director
Founded a Club
MARS Club|SRC|MDRA - Forever
I've never had a closure on the 29/40-120 require a wrench.  I've often used a towel to protect my hand while unscrewing the rear closure. Are those of you that need a wrench applying some lubricant to the threads when assembling?

Also, be careful using a strong solvent overnight on casings.  I'm not sure if vinegar is acidic enough to eat away at the anodized coating, but I left a casing in Hoppes #9 overnight by accident a few years ago, and it removed all the yellow paint markings, and turned the casing a dull silver-blue.  It still worked, but looked terrible.
Lee
NAR 55948, L2
In Build:   Estes Saturn 1B
Next: complete Semroc Mars Lander, upscaled Orbital Transport
In Finishing:  Interceptor-E