Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dual Deploy NCR SA-14 Archer
Somehow I think this one would kick the other one's a$$!
I have an H133 Blue Streak for this one for next weekend at the sod farm.
Also have my new Mini FG Frenzy ready to go on an F120 Vmax, just have to grab one of Mayhems fly away rail guides for it.
Dave Greger L3
NAR# 95846
MDRA #65

Hollie L1
NAR# 99687
Flew the H133 and the Flight was perfect for the up part, drogue charge fired, however, when the Main charge fired, it did not shear the two 2-56 shear pins and it tumbled into the soft sod farm dirt. No damage to the rocket. going to remove the shear pins and just do a friction fit. There was more than enough BP in the charge well. Tested it with 1.2gr and was fine, really don't want to use much more than that with thin cardboard tubing.
Dave Greger L3
NAR# 95846
MDRA #65

Hollie L1
NAR# 99687
Ha - I love it! Very similar taste!

I gotta say that this design is just an absolute bummer to me. The SA-14 Archer sold by NCR/Estes back in the day is utter perfection to me and hands down my favorite rocket design. When I saw this announced I initially thought "Awesome, he's bringing it back!" Unfortunately, it's disproportionate and just doesn't have the appeal to me that the original had.

I'm happy to see you guys building and flying this rocket, but I die a little inside when I see it's not the original design.
Dan Patell
TRA 10904 L3
Patell Manufacturing Facebook Page
Dan, I understand what you mean about the original design, IMHO this newer design is sleeker being thinner and is more along the lines of the newer missiles out there today, my upscale is a true 2x of this newer model, I would love to do and even larger 8" in fiberglass with a 98mm in it! Gonna give it a lot of thought once I get my L3...... hmmm future project plans.........
Dave Greger L3
NAR# 95846
MDRA #65

Hollie L1
NAR# 99687
I agree, Dan. I would have bought a kit had it been a downscale of the original. After I lost my original, I cloned a downscale from a PSII kit.

HOWEVER, that doesn't mean Dave's isn't cool Wink
Member of MDRA, NAR and NARHAMS;
Level-2 certified but mostly fly G and under;
Volunteer compiler of manufacturer's news for ROCKETS Magazine.
Does yours twirl on it's axis when it goes up?  Mine does, perfectly!  I've checked everything from nose to tail and it's straight and square.  Makes for a nice flight, always gets "Wows".
ATCS(AW) Tom Keith, USN, ret.

NAR 99781 L1
SEVRA, NAR 621
http://www.sevra.org/

LVL 1 24 October 2015, Leviathan, Cesaroni 29mm H133, 2469 feet, Bayboro (http://ncrockets.org/)
LVL 2 Pending approval by COMNAVWIFE (also known as "She Who Must Be Obeyed")
Tom,
No, actually. lol this one does spin very slightly. The upscale I built maybe turns a couple degrees all the way to apogee. I want to put a camera on it soon so I can see just how much.
Dave Greger L3
NAR# 95846
MDRA #65

Hollie L1
NAR# 99687