Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What's your favorite MPR rocket(s)?
When I flew MPR, my go to brands were NCR, Vaughn Brothers Rocketry (VBR) and Aerotech.  I still have all of my MPR kits from these manufacturers, except for the VBR Javelin.  The remaining VBR kit that I flew was the B.o.B. (Ballistic or Bust) rocket.
"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster, and if you look long into an abyss, the abyss also looks into you." - Friedrich Nietzsche

The Future is not Solid - Korey Kline
Since getting back into rocketry, I have grown very fond of my Wildchilds. They were my first fiberglass kits and although they are a little on the heavy side, they are bullet proof. Had a snap swivel fail at deployment. The fin can and nose cone separated fell straight down from 3400 feet. Not a scratch anywhere. I was able to recover everything but the chute.

Dennis
Dennis Wright
NAR #98975
Laünch Crüe
L1: 4" Little John, I285R, 07/11/15
While technically an LPR, but only flies on "F"s, I love my Estes Big Daddy, dubbed the "Olde Bay Daddy"

Flights so far:
CTI F50 Skid Mark (x3)
CTI F85 White Thunder (x2)
CTI F240 VMax (x7)

And here it is Drag Racing the Coors Light Daddy (29mm) I built:

And losing!
OBD on an 24mm 3 Grain F85 White Thunder and the Coors on a 29mm 1 Grain F59 White Thunder
Dave Greger L3
NAR# 95846
MDRA #65

Hollie L1
NAR# 99687
My first "big" rocket was the NCR Patriot, back in 1992, if I recall. I remember how huge that thing looked when pulled from the box (4" tube -- WOW!). My first flight was with the new Aerotech 29/40-120 hardware, using a G64 reload. That was an amazing experience for someone who had never flown anything larger than D12s. I still have that rocket, although a bit shorter after crunching the top of the tube. It lost its red/white/black paint job, repainted flat dark earth, and was rechristened Slick Willie ... (that must have been 1994 or 1995, and that nickname was popular at the time!)
Lee
NAR 55948, L2
In Build: Mars Snooper
Next: upscale Sky Hook (Panavia kitbash)
In Finishing:  Estes Honest John, Red Nova, Super Cobra
My first was the Aerotech Arreaux on an E16 reload... I still have the rocket, one of my favs, that was 1997.
"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster, and if you look long into an abyss, the abyss also looks into you." - Friedrich Nietzsche

The Future is not Solid - Korey Kline
My fave would be the old reliable LOC Graduator. I have flown them from D-I, Stock to adding a payload section and 38mm motor mount. I certified at a Magnum launch with a Vulcan H100 SS back in 92 with one.
Mr. Bob
Countyline Hobbies
Grovertown, IN.
574-540-1123
countylinehobbies@yahoo.com
http://www.countylinehobbies.com
Like us on Facebook
My NCR Phantom 4000 flew grew great on AT G64-4 the 7 second delays were a bit to long! the steel cable shock cord kept it from zippering on the 7. No matter what that rocket would bust its fins on landing! Still have it now but its a hanger Queen!

Bill Clune L3 | NAR#88583
Been a launch Director
Founded a Club
MARS Club|SRC|MDRA - Forever
I was weird. I went to HPR and then to MPR a few years later.

My favorite MPR is probably the Pem-Tech Space Ark, or the Pem-Tech Bucky Jones. Dig the retro designs on both of these!

Later!

--Coop
(07-31-2015, 11:13 AM)wclune Wrote: My NCR Phantom 4000 flew grew great on AT G64-4 the 7 second delays were a bit to long! the steel cable shock cord kept it from zippering on the 7. No matter what that rocket would bust its fins on landing! Still have it now but its a hanger Queen!

That was my 3rd big rocket (after the Graduator and LOC4). Got it from Ross at Magnum. It flew on a number of Vulcan H's and I's. Mostly smokey. It finally died of old age.
Mr. Bob
Countyline Hobbies
Grovertown, IN.
574-540-1123
countylinehobbies@yahoo.com
http://www.countylinehobbies.com
I found my phantom in a tiny little hobby store they didnt even sell rockets anymore! the next spring they were gone.

Bill Clune L3 | NAR#88583
Been a launch Director
Founded a Club
MARS Club|SRC|MDRA - Forever