Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Show off your Guillow's gliders
(11-14-2015, 12:53 AM)SCooke123 Wrote: great paintwork on the moonraker!

Thanks!  OL JR Smile
Here is my RC conversion of the Guillow's Space Shuttle on its non scale booster.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(11-26-2015, 09:50 AM)tab28682 Wrote: Here is my RC conversion of the Guillow's Space Shuttle on its non scale booster.

Neat shot. What kind of RC conversion did you do? RC glider or is it powered too?
Nice. Close up static photos please.
Member of MDRA, NAR and NARHAMS;
Level-2 certified but mostly fly G and under;
Volunteer compiler of manufacturer's news for ROCKETS Magazine.
(11-27-2015, 08:46 PM)eljefe Wrote:
(11-26-2015, 09:50 AM)tab28682 Wrote: Here is my RC conversion of the Guillow's Space Shuttle on its non scale booster.

Neat shot. What kind of RC conversion did you do? RC glider or is it powered too?

I did not power the Shuttle. It is already a little heavy for its size without a motor mount and motor casing and more nose weight.
Basically, I cut out a top hatch about the size of the Shuttle bay doors and hollowed out the body.

Radio gear is a 4 gram RX, either a Spektrum AR400 or a Lemon DSM2 6 channel, two 6 gram servos and a two cell 180mah lipo with a micro voltage regulator.

To increase the wing area a bit, I added the elevons to the trailing edge of the stock Shuttle wing.

Full coverage with more detail photos and more launch photos over here:
http://www.rocketryforum.com/showthread....ce-Shuttle
Looks pretty nice! What kind of black paint did you use so it doesn't damage the foam?

I actually picked up one of the Shuttle gliders in a Black Friday sale.
(11-29-2015, 10:03 PM)eljefe Wrote: Looks pretty nice! What kind of black paint did you use so it doesn't damage the foam?

I actually picked up one of the Shuttle gliders in a Black Friday sale.

The black is brushed-on craft store waterbased acrylic......the stuff that is about a buck a bottle at Hobby Lobby.