Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
CA (and other delights!)
To save your skin (as well as your projects), I strongly recommend that you mark the applicator nozzle's base with a red sharpie pen.

I've had several times when I went to grab my medium gap filling CA for something, only to have it flow like water, because I grabbed the thin stuff right next to it.  The heavy drips that resulted glued my fingers to the the part, and on one occasion caused 2nd degree burns (the stuff gets hot when it cures) on my shirtless belly (also ruined a couple of shirts this way too).

With the red marking you get an additional visual clue to stop before trying to apply the stuff.  If you have some kind of colorblindness issue, it won't matter, as you ONLY do this to the thin CA.

BTW, with thin CA and a balsa nosecone you can get some finishes that look like plastic.  I have a tutorial over on TRF you can check out.
NAR #100544

"The Guide says there is an art to flying", said Ford, "or rather a knack." 
"The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."

Launching is Optional... Landing? That Depends on Trees.

Here is a use that has nothing to do with structural bonding. When I sand any epoxy based components, such as G10 fin leading edges, the sanded area always has a textured non-glossy surface. I apply a thin set CA and quickly spread it all over the sanded area to fill in the roughed up exposed region. (K'Tesh mentioned this for balsa.) It acts very much like old fashioned sanding sealer. Then it is very easy to sand with fine grit sandpaper to a smooth, paintable finish.