Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Where would I post ...
I am not sure if this forum permits legitimate poor reviews for vendors, if so where would it be appropriate to do so?
Try the product reviews area. That's the best I can tell.

NAR# 98194
Level 1: CTI I-216, 3,043'
Level 2: CTI K-740, 5,999'

Personal altitude record: 12,400' CTI L395
2014 total impulse: 9,018.2 Ns (76% M)
2015 total impulse: 7,171.7 Ns (40% M)
2016 total impulse: 18,664.2 Ns (91% N)
2017 total impulse: 8,281.1 Ns (80% M)
I would highly recommend running your complaint by one or two other members before going public. Too many times we have seen someone post a bad review, only to discover that a quick phone call could have solved it, or the vendor was on vacation and couldn't respond to e-mails, etc. In the age of Amazon, we often forget that rocketry vendors are usually a one-man shop, and service is isn't instantaneous.

Feel free to PM me if you'd like a second opinion.
John S.
NAR #96911
TRA #15253
MDRA
Level 1, 2014-Mar-15 -- Aerotech Sumo, H133BS
Level 2, 2014-Jun-21 -- Giant Leap Vertical Assault, J240RL
Level 3, 2016-03-12 -- MAC Performance Radial Flyer, M1101WH, 13,028 feet
(10-28-2015, 10:11 AM)Bat-mite Wrote: I would highly recommend running your complaint by one or two other members before going public.  Too many times we have seen someone post a bad review, only to discover that a quick phone call could have solved it, or the vendor was on vacation and couldn't respond to e-mails, etc.  In the age of Amazon, we often forget that rocketry vendors are usually a one-man shop, and service is isn't instantaneous.

Feel free to PM me if you'd like a second opinion.

Thank you John,

Truth is I am way beyond what I believe most most, even the fairest of fair, members would consider time and patience.  So I decided to create this same thread on Ye Olde Rocketry and TRF , and let them brew for a bit.  Coincidentally this morning I received a reply from the vendor, so it looks like I will get a positive resolution.

Bottom line is I just wanted to find a way to get the issue resolved without all the hoopla and avoid all the negativity of soiling anyone's good reputation in this industry.

Enough said.
Well done!
John S.
NAR #96911
TRA #15253
MDRA
Level 1, 2014-Mar-15 -- Aerotech Sumo, H133BS
Level 2, 2014-Jun-21 -- Giant Leap Vertical Assault, J240RL
Level 3, 2016-03-12 -- MAC Performance Radial Flyer, M1101WH, 13,028 feet
Yeah, I wouldn't go black-balling them on multiple forums. If you ever do feel the need to document something (I dunno, poor service or something...) I would first exhaust trying to work it out privately with the vendor, and if you still feel the need to post, I would do in solely on ONE forum. Chances are the word will get back to them, and motivate them to fix the problem... and plus you don't look like a total heel for airing dirty laundry beyond their ability to respond in any fashion.

But what do I know?

(I've ALWAYS had good service response, whether it was Estes, Simroc, Oddl Roc or JRockets. People appear to want to make it right. )
There are very few vendors in this hobby and unfortunately a few of them SUCK!

This Christmas will mark the 3rd year my daughter has been waiting on nozzles that go along with the 29mm EX cases she bought. I ended up making the nozzles myself!

I have given up complaining... Now i Just praise the ones who always deliver.

Bill Clune L3 | NAR#88583
Been a launch Director
Founded a Club
MARS Club|SRC|MDRA - Forever
Hello Mr.Clune I hope you are well, possibly I will see you at NT Power in the spring. It was a great time this year although I only came for the Saturday, I think next year I will make it for the full weekend.
(11-01-2015, 07:53 PM)Pitter Wrote: Hello Mr.Clune I hope you are well, possibly I will see you at NT Power in the spring.  It was a great time this year although I only came for the Saturday, I think next year I will make it for the full weekend.

Hi Pitter, please call me Bill, my dad was Mr. Clune!  Big Grin

Yes NYPOWER in Geneseo take a lot to keep me away!! A square mile of mowed grass recovery and 9k waiver, plenty high enough for 95% of us.

Bill Clune L3 | NAR#88583
Been a launch Director
Founded a Club
MARS Club|SRC|MDRA - Forever
(11-03-2015, 08:45 AM)wclune Wrote:
(11-01-2015, 07:53 PM)Pitter Wrote: Hello Mr.Clune I hope you are well, possibly I will see you at NT Power in the spring.  It was a great time this year although I only came for the Saturday, I think next year I will make it for the full weekend.

Hi Pitter, please call me Bill, my dad was Mr. Clune!  Big Grin

Yes NYPOWER in Geneseo take a lot to keep me away!! A square mile of mowed grass recovery and 9k waiver, plenty high enough for 95% of us.

Mr. Bill it is  Wink

Err yeah NY power that darned "T" key is right beside the "Y" and when you subtract the mistakes out of my typing skills I think I type about minus 20 words per min.

Yes NY power is a great site, of course with the two launches I had this year I found the edge of the farm each time, but that was due to installing my AV bay upside down on the first launch so apogee was at 700' AGL that is the good news, but main was at 3800 AGL.  The second flight was just a strange flight with some major weather cocking, last flight before it was shutdown and pretty windy, plus I had a 48" chute at that time.  Both flights were designed to be shakedown flights on a new build.  Many changes after those flights including keying my AV bay so a monkey could assemble it correctly and resized my chute to 36".

Looking forward to this next spring NYPOWER or NTPOWER for any Windows fans, but this time I will make it a two day event instead of rushing down for one day and rushing back.