Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
This forum might have just gotten a shot in the arm
Lots of chatter on TRF about images not being allowed to be uploaded anymore.  This is turning several people off of images, and may help this forum.

And now an image test

[Image: attachment.php?aid=602]

To get the image to display, I uploaded it, saved the post, then opened the attached file, right clicked on the image to copy the image url, then edited the thread to add the image in... clunky, but it worked.

Now if there was a nice button that would allow me to reply w/o quoting.

Well, using quick reply didn't work either...  it still quoted the previous message. Sad

OK, this is weird... I'm replying to my own thread, but they replies are all going into the first post... Wazzupwidat?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

NAR #100544

"The Guide says there is an art to flying", said Ford, "or rather a knack." 
"The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."

Launching is Optional... Landing? That Depends on Trees.

It's not quoting, it's a mechanic of the forum. If no one else posts between two of your posts on the same topic, it will do that. However, if the posts are a certain amount of time apart, it won't. Check out some of my threads for examples.

NAR# 98194
Level 1: CTI I-216, 3,043'
Level 2: CTI K-740, 5,999'

Personal altitude record: 12,400' CTI L395
2014 total impulse: 9,018.2 Ns (76% M)
2015 total impulse: 7,171.7 Ns (40% M)
2016 total impulse: 18,664.2 Ns (91% N)
2017 total impulse: 8,281.1 Ns (80% M)
I actually realy like the appended posts feature, keeps things tidy!
AMRS #54
WARS #24
Really?? The Terribly Run Forum doing something controversial and opposed by the majority of its participants??

Why, I'm shocked to hear of such a thing... SHOCKED, I say! Never heard of such a thing!

LOLSmile

Why I quit that stinking dump back in January and haven't been back since (well, except to answer one fellow's PM'd question).

Other than that, I wouldn't pee on the Terribly Run Forum if it were on fire... sooner that dump collapses and disappears the better IMHO.

Later! OL JR Smile
Why is it that the "reply" button is a quote button too...  Reply should be a "Quick Reply" type button and then we should have a "Reply with Quote" and a "Quote Multiple Reply" buttons for quotes.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=616]

It'd also be nice if we could somehow delete the quote (completely) if we hit the wrong button.  I can delete the content of the quote, but the box that the quote was in remains.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

NAR #100544

There are a handful of things that annoy me about this forum. However, they are just minor and now worth complaining about. The main problem here is that it has never hit critical mass. Right now it is as busier than it has been in quite a while. We'll see.
Member of MDRA, NAR and NARHAMS;
Level-2 certified but mostly fly G and under;
Volunteer compiler of manufacturer's news for ROCKETS Magazine.
(10-28-2015, 11:24 AM)rstaff3 Wrote: There are a handful of things that annoy me about this forum. However, they are just minor and now worth complaining about. The main problem here is that it has never hit critical mass. Right now it is as busier than it has been in quite a while. We'll see.

I think it's about to "hit critical mass", I've seen the first of the "I'm leaving for good" posts.  There's a lot of confusion and disappointment with Admin's new image policy.

I wonder if this is a deliberate act on Admin's part (and the Quote was deliberate this time).
NAR #100544

(10-28-2015, 11:40 AM)K Wrote:
(10-28-2015, 11:24 AM)rstaff3 Wrote: There are a handful of things that annoy me about this forum. However, they are just minor and now worth complaining about. The main problem here is that it has never hit critical mass. Right now it is as busier than it has been in quite a while. We'll see.

I think it's about to "hit critical mass", I've seen the first of the "I'm leaving for good" posts.  There's a lot of confusion and disappointment with Admin's new image policy.

I wonder if this is a deliberate act on Admin's part (and the Quote was deliberate this time).

Yeah, we'll see. Having been on TRF for pushing...could it be...15 years, I've seen the rabble get roused many times. New forums pop up and then they die off.  I won't hold my breath.

I would doubt that it is deliberate as paid members are having the same problem. I also doubt if they are in the business of chasing people off for no reason. It would be nice if the TRF mods had a direct path to someone who could actually fix the issue.

Why not drop the mods a note? They might not be aware of them, and may/may not be something they can address.
Little annoyances can sometimes become big problems when left unchecked over time...
Greg Young - L3
TRA 00234
NAR 42065
Said note has been dropped and I see Bob has responded to the masses. BTW, the quote button here didn't work for a bit this afternoon, I guess I'll have to go back to TRF.