Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Looking for that Copter/rocket special today!
Hi Kirk,

I couldn't locate the little Vortico; however I did find the directions for the Turbo Vortico and I think the diagram there helps a lot.  Should be the same as/similar to the other Vortico sizes since it's just an upscale.

[Image: 2015-11-27%2022.02.49.jpg]
I think I found a Vortico last week. 

Every year the Saturday before Thanksgiving our LHS has a storewide sale along with displays and demos by various manufacturers and local clubs, they give away literally thousands of dollars worth of door prizes, it's quite an event. The Syracuse Rocket Club has a table every year:

[Image: 2015-11-21-13-52-50.jpg]
[Image: 2015-11-21-13-53-44.jpg]
and every couple hours we launch a few very low power rockets in the small clearing just outside:
[Image: 2015-11-21-12-02-08.jpg]

And some of those rockets end up on the LHS's roof.

One of this year's went over a corner of the building but cleared the roof and came down behind the structure. When we were done I went over there to look for it (not realizing someone else had already picked it up — it was on the controller table when I returned). Instead I found a different rocket lying in the grass (the rocket, not me), a blue and yellow painted spinner which looked like a Vortico. I brought it back and showed it to one of the other club members who said he remembered it was a third member's, lost to the roof (the rocket, not the club member) a couple years or so ago. I suspect it only just recently blew off the roof.

The tube was pretty much a soggy mass and there was a chip out of the tip of one arm, but other than that it was in pretty good shape! My guess is it can be made to fly again.
Rich Holmes
Camillus, NY
Secretary / newsletter editor
Syracuse Rocket Club

http://richsrockets.wordpress.com
(11-28-2015, 10:15 PM)Rich Holmes Wrote: I think I found a Vortico last week. 

Every year the Saturday before Thanksgiving our LHS has a storewide sale along with displays and demos by various manufacturers and local clubs, they give away literally thousands of dollars worth of door prizes, it's quite an event. The Syracuse Rocket Club has a table every year:

[Image: 2015-11-21-13-52-50.jpg]
...and every couple hours we launch a few very low power rockets in the small clearing just outside:
[Image: 2015-11-21-12-02-08.jpg]

Nice saucer fleet! Also that's one monstrous nose cone in the first pic...I just have to ask what it's planned for?  Shy
(11-28-2015, 10:41 PM)KenECoyote Wrote: Nice saucer fleet! Also that's one monstrous nose cone in the first pic...I just have to ask what it's planned for?  Shy

[Image: 23286551042_36d539d99b_b.jpg]

The downscale's mine, the other two aren't.
Rich Holmes
Camillus, NY
Secretary / newsletter editor
Syracuse Rocket Club

http://richsrockets.wordpress.com
(11-29-2015, 09:03 AM)Rich Holmes Wrote:
(11-28-2015, 10:41 PM)KenECoyote Wrote: Nice saucer fleet! Also that's one monstrous nose cone in the first pic...I just have to ask what it's planned for?  Shy

The downscale's mine, the other two aren't.

WOWExclamation I actually vaguely recall seeing that pic a long while back.