Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
hello
Hello all.  This is Eric aka 3stoogesrocketry.  I have a new call name ( name after my daughter)  and just was giving a heads up.
Hello welcome to Rocktry Center!
The membership is growing by leaps and bounds...

Welcome!
NAR #100544

"The Guide says there is an art to flying", said Ford, "or rather a knack." 
"The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."

Launching is Optional... Landing? That Depends on Trees.

Welcome
(11-01-2015, 11:27 PM)K Wrote: The membership is growing by leaps and bounds...

Welcome!

I wonder what happened at the other forum.... Huh seriously i don't participate there to much noise

Bill Clune L3 | NAR#88583
Been a launch Director
Founded a Club
MARS Club|SRC|MDRA - Forever
(11-02-2015, 07:47 AM)wclune Wrote:
(11-01-2015, 11:27 PM)K Wrote: The membership is growing by leaps and bounds...

Welcome!

I wonder what happened at the other forum.... Huh seriously i don't participate there to much noise

I totally quit cold turkey over there back at the very beginning of the year... got tired of the same old BS overmoderation and kneejerk crap.  Now I'm only on YORF and here...

Not participating over there, I don't know directly, but I've read (on here) that there's ANOTHER brouhaha going on right now that has everyone up in arms... something about no more pictures or files unless you have a paid membership or something to that effect... or limiting a persons pics or uploads unless they're a paid member, or something to that effect.  Can't verify that, just what I read...

The "new owners" over there have lied through their teeth since day one, and their SOLE interest is in milking as much cash as possible out of the forum and its membership, through any means necessary.  The moderators and half the membership over there will defend them with their dying breath; so be it... I dumped the Terribly Run Forum and have NO intention of going back...

Later!  OL JR Smile
The Bruha was two parts:

1) The ability to add photos to posts was broken for a couple of days, TRF reset the upload module or whatever so that all works again, a number of vocal people got bent out of shape over it, its the internet and thing break all the time. However many of us spend a fair amount of time on their site and some even pay for service, they at least should receive consideration and even an explanation of whats being done to fix the issue.

2) Tim Lehr and Scott from Loki's feud boiled over and both got banned for one week, so people were jumping in on both sides, wasn't pretty. IMO the feud should never have been publicized on a forum anyways but people feel strongly both ways about both men. As for me I have never met either, but will eventually I'm sure and at the moment my dealings with both have been cordial and professional. It's Tim and Scotts problem, not mine, I'm over it already.

As for the new owners, well the QoS over there is pretty bad. Nuff said on that.
In my opinion there are too many Administrators over there. I mean why have them at all?. I know once in a while someone runs into a software glitch that needs attention but that should be ALL they can do. What gives them the RIGHT to punish people???? I don't need anyone watching over me and reading everything I post. More and more of the good people are coming over here every day cause they are getting sick of the mamby pamby circus over there. I just hope those "others" stay over there where they belong. I know if I posted this over there I would probably get banned.