Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What's your Unicorn rocket?
I'd love a good R2D2 kit... never got my hands on one at a good price.
I would love Lane Pemberton's Kraken.

Haven't had a chance to get one yet.  Maybe one day........
#1) Like WvonBraun, I would like to finally build a Saturn V of my own. I built and finished a K-36 back in 1980 for a friend (he had the money but not the skill and I had the skill but not the money) but I never built one for myself. I have almost all the parts needed to build a #2001 clone.

#2) I've always wanted to build another Scissor-Wing Transport, and do it right this time. Its kit is also on the shelf.

The final needed element: TIME!
The Estes DOM Saturnian. I should get started on that. A gorgeous rocket. The photo is an example that Eagle3 (YORF mod) built.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(06-16-2015, 06:28 PM)foamy Wrote: The Estes DOM Saturnian. I should get started on that. A gorgeous rocket. The photo is an example that Eagle3 (YORF mod) built.

+5 for the Marauder in the background.
(06-16-2015, 06:28 PM)foamy Wrote: The Estes DOM Saturnian. I should get started on that. A gorgeous rocket. The photo is an example that Eagle3 (YORF mod) built.

I still have the Saturnian plan that I received from Estes back in the good old days when they sent out Model Rocket News.  I too have always wanted to build it. I have a lathe now in my woodshop, and could actually turn the custom nose cone it "requires".
Lee
NAR 55948, L2
In Build:   Estes Saturn 1B
Next: complete Semroc Mars Lander, upscaled Orbital Transport
In Finishing:  Interceptor-E 
DG&A Armageddon

Oops, did not realize this was LPR - Mini Armageddon
Al Gloer
Once and former President of CATO
Miles biked in 2014 - 118.3
Tough question! Lots of choices, especially on the Centuri side. But then there's the Mars Snooper - clone underway so that doesn't quite count as a unicorn for me anymore -- Bandit, Trident, and a non-Cineroc Omega.
(06-10-2015, 11:38 AM)Greg Young Wrote: Estes Mars Snooper for me!

I built an original "back in the day." I didn't understand why it flew well on a B but was unstable on a C the way I built it... in my BAR period I now understand the CG/CP relationship and how a heavier motor could throw it off, especially with a marginally built one. I lost it to the mists of time...

I have in my queue a BMS Mars Snooper... it's coming up soon in the queue.

I really wanted to buy some of the QModeling upscales (Snooper, Starship Vega, etc.). With SEMROC rebooted as eRockets, I can certainly clone them, but I hold off in the hopes that they will eventually reboot, or get sold to someone who will reboot the business.

Marc
Would love to have a USS Pleiades to replace the one I had as a kid.
I have made an up-scale Scorpious clone -- but the Pleiades needs too many unique parts.