Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What's your Unicorn rocket?
It would appear ebay may have some "unicorn" rockets for sale at the present! Smile
Greg Young - L3
TRA 00234
NAR 42065
I always wanted a Citation Patriot, but like most everyone, couldn’t afford it.  I’ve got the parts to clone it, but need the decals.

And I started on a Scissor Wing Transport as a kid, but now don’t have all the parts any more-some of them got wet in a flood of my parent’s basement before I became a BAR.

I need to get back to building what I’ve got-DW claims I have 600 kits.  I think she exaggerates-must have double-counted somewhere in there.  But two more big boxes showed up this week from Estes courtesy of their latest sale :-).

Cleaning up my basement build area now so I can finish all the projects in queue (about 6 or so that just need paint/decals) so I can start more.

Cheers,

Jon
There were so many as a youth I never got to build.
Many are long gone, not even one to be had on Ebay at rediculouslly over prices.
I can't say that there was just 1 "unicorn".
There are many, and each to my liking for different reasons.
There is no way I can just pick one. Sorry.
In my previous post I forgot the amazing Estes Space Plane! Long ago I actually had one and then gave it away when I (unsuccessfully) left the hobby for the first time when I was about 13 years old.
Dave Cook 
NAR 21953 L2    TRA 1108
Dave I purchased a repro of the Estes Space Plane from BMS at a very good price, so that's a unicorn you can still get ahold of!
It is 3rd to be built in my line up of un-built rocket "old" K kits. (after a Cobra, which was my first cluster launched back in 1964, and a Gyroc)
Greg Young - L3
TRA 00234
NAR 42065
The Gyroc that was fun! the little elastic thread of the original were just awful though. I ended up getting an early semroc clone which has better elastic. When i say early it came with a tag saying it was number 22.

I have a "point" that is labeled 4

Bill Clune L3 | NAR#88583
Been a launch Director
Founded a Club
MARS Club|SRC|MDRA - Forever
Estes has provided another chance for BARS to acquire a 1/45 scale Little Joe II.

Updated version of the kit is due out in Dec. Cost is somewhat more that it used to be, but the improvements sound great.
1/1 scale AIM-9P Sidewinder Missile. I got to play with them (the real ones) when I was in the USAF. For years, I've wanted to build one, attach it to my bicycle (using a "sidecar") and ride around with that for a little while... CAR WARS... indeed.
NAR #100544

"The Guide says there is an art to flying", said Ford, "or rather a knack." 
"The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."

Launching is Optional... Landing? That Depends on Trees.

(11-26-2015, 01:01 PM)K Wrote: 1/1 scale AIM-9P Sidewinder Missile.  I got to play with them (the real ones) when I was in the USAF.  For years, I've wanted to build one, attach it to my bicycle (using a "sidecar") and ride around with that for a little while...  CAR WARS... indeed.

I've got plans to build one. The question is when.

But this would also have to be a "unicorn rocket" for me too.

I imagine one launching using the CTI N10,000 to get the Mach diamonds in there for the full effect.

NAR# 98194
Level 1: CTI I-216, 3,043'
Level 2: CTI K-740, 5,999'

Personal altitude record: 12,400' CTI L395
2014 total impulse: 9,018.2 Ns (76% M)
2015 total impulse: 7,171.7 Ns (40% M)
2016 total impulse: 18,664.2 Ns (91% N)
2017 total impulse: 8,281.1 Ns (80% M)
The Estes V2 Maxi Brute and i finally got one over memorial day cost me $200 and i DIDN'T CARE!

Bill Clune L3 | NAR#88583
Been a launch Director
Founded a Club
MARS Club|SRC|MDRA - Forever