Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What's your Unicorn rocket?
Estes Tomcat & Crusader...Ebay prices are just ridiculous for those!
As of right now I've built most of my "unicorns" the only one I can think of is a Semroc Sat 1b or maybe a Centuri Thunder Roc.
Mike L.

Level 1 Loc Cyclotron CTI H 90
NAR# 97175
Member: CMASS
I heard the semroc saturn 1b was a dead ringer for the original estes kit from 67. i built that when i was 12..... still have it.

Bill Clune L3 | NAR#88583
Been a launch Director
Founded a Club
MARS Club|SRC|MDRA - Forever
I had one when I was in middle school. It took me a long time to find it and it was on ebay, got it for $40
#1364 Falcon Commander

I am about 3/4 done building it and will edit this post when its done to include a picture
Dave Greger L3
NAR# 95846
MDRA #65

Hollie L1
NAR# 99687
Dynacom saab .
(07-15-2015, 03:46 PM)j.a.duke Wrote: I always wanted a Citation Patriot, but like most everyone, couldn’t afford it.  I’ve got the parts to clone it, but need the decals.

And I started on a Scissor Wing Transport as a kid, but now don’t have all the parts any more-some of them got wet in a flood of my parent’s basement before I became a BAR.

I need to get back to building what I’ve got-DW claims I have 600 kits.  I think she exaggerates-must have double-counted somewhere in there.  But two more big boxes showed up this week from Estes courtesy of their latest sale :-).

Cleaning up my basement build area now so I can finish all the projects in queue (about 6 or so that just need paint/decals) so I can start more.

Cheers,

Jon

Almost a year later and I’m still cleaning things up in the basement, just not my area  Sad.

Maybe next later this summer.
Saturn V here.  Don't know why I never built one in the olden days, but it is on my current project list.

I was happy to see that some of you responded to this thread with the Centuri Little Joe II.  I built one back in '70 or '80.  Excellent model rocket!  Flew really nice on a 3 engine cluster.  Wish I still had it.
"I don't care what they're referred to these days...I'm still calling them 'Igniters'"
    Found a picture of the old LJ II.  It's a cel phone image of an old photo taken originally with a really crappy camera.
This is a pre-flight pic of the model's maiden launch conducted sometime between January and March, 1980, in Colorado Springs.
"I don't care what they're referred to these days...I'm still calling them 'Igniters'"