Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Dollar Tree Saucer... The Snowflake
Lightbulb 
Over on TRF, George Gassaway has done it again.  Cool

Dollar Tree now has snowflake plastic candy bowls that he converted into flying saucers, similar to his spider, and spiderweb rockets.

Here's a shot of one of his in flight

[Image: NP9TQJ4.jpg]

photo credit: George Gassaway

I now have four of them and just looking for time to convert them into rockets.

At this rate, I'm guessing that around the Fourth of July, we'll be seeing red, white, and blue stars, and for St. Patrick's Day, green shamrocks, or four leaf clovers.

Lord Willing, I'll be in China by then, so if you do spot new bowl designs let me know, and I'll see if I can score some over there. I really like these candy bowl rockets.
NAR #100544

"The Guide says there is an art to flying", said Ford, "or rather a knack." 
"The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."

Launching is Optional... Landing? That Depends on Trees.

I used George's idea and built a D powered spider web bowl.
Haven't have a chance to fly it yet, but it will prove to be fun when the kids see it fly.
Now I am going to have to build a snowflake rocket.
It sounds like I will eventually wind up with one for every holiday - I can see a flying Shamrock, a flag bowl, etc.... Smile
Greg Young - L3
TRA 00234
NAR 42065
(11-08-2015, 02:53 PM)Greg Young Wrote: I used George's idea and built a D powered spider web bowl.
Haven't have a chance to fly it yet, but it will prove to be fun when the kids see it fly.
Now I am going to have to build a snowflake rocket.
It sounds like I will eventually wind up with one for every holiday - I can see a flying Shamrock, a flag bowl, etc.... Smile

The two spiderweb bowls that I've built were designed with E's in mind.  One was destroyed by the ejection gasses burning through and badly damaging the plastic. The other has flown on A, B, C, D, and E motors without any problem and is in great shape.
NAR #100544

"The Guide says there is an art to flying", said Ford, "or rather a knack." 
"The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."

Launching is Optional... Landing? That Depends on Trees.

(11-07-2015, 08:12 PM)K Wrote: Over on TRF, George Gassaway has done it again.  Cool

Dollar Tree now has snowflake plastic candy bowls that he converted into flying saucers, similar to his spider, and spiderweb rockets.

Here's a shot of one of his in flight

[Image: NP9TQJ4.jpg]

photo credit: George Gassaway

I now have four of them and just looking for time to convert them into rockets.

At this rate, I'm guessing that around the Fourth of July, we'll be seeing red, white, and blue stars, and for St. Patrick's Day, green shamrocks, or four leaf clovers.

Lord Willing, I'll be in China by then, so if you do spot new bowl designs let me know, and I'll see if I can score some over there. I really like these candy bowl rockets.
They fly great!
I saw one at a CMASS night launch last night.
LED strip lights around the edge and two LIPO batteries tie wrapped to the top.
It flew well.
[Image: sigpic867_3.gif]
Gloria Robinson
AMW/ProX
www.amwprox.com
NAR L3 94376

Certified L3 on an O3400
Gloria, you just gave me some more ideas! Wink
Greg
Greg Young - L3
TRA 00234
NAR 42065
Now you guys done it. I have to go to my local Dollar tree after I get done with the computer. To cool. And I thought I was going to fly only one rocket at Three Oaks in 2 weeks.
Mr. Bob
Countyline Hobbies
Grovertown, IN.
576-540-1123
countylinehobbies@yahoo.com
http://www.countylinehobbies.com
Night launches are awesome!

Bill Clune L3 | NAR#88583
Been a launch Director
Founded a Club
MARS Club|SRC|MDRA - Forever