Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
24mm retainer diameters
Can anyone out there tell me the outside diameter of the Aeropack and/or the Rocketarium 24 mm motor retainers? The diameter of the screw on cap, that is.
Rich Holmes
Camillus, NY
Secretary / newsletter editor
Syracuse Rocket Club

http://richsrockets.wordpress.com
(12-07-2015, 05:19 PM)Rich Holmes Wrote: Can anyone out there tell me the outside diameter of the Aeropack and/or the Rocketarium 24 mm motor retainers? The diameter of the screw on cap, that is.

I'm honestly not sure which brand mine is, but it measures 30.94mm.

s6
The Aeropack I put on my Painkiller is 30.79mm
Dave Greger L3
NAR# 95846
MDRA #65

Hollie L1
NAR# 99687
Looks like the answer for either is 31 mm ...
Lee
NAR 55948, L2
In Build:   Estes Saturn 1B
Next: complete Semroc Mars Lander, upscaled Orbital Transport
In Finishing:  Interceptor-E 
You may already know, but be careful, there are two sizes for the 24mm. One for thin wall Estes tubing and one for thick wall LOC tubing. At one time I thought Rocketarium was offering both. I think Aeropack might only support the larger diameter I.D. I don't know if the O.D.'s deviate.

Note: Now that I look it up there are three sizes, Rocketarium supports Estes standard thin-wall, Aeropack supports both Estes thick wall and their -P is for even thicker LOC and phenolic tubing.
Excellent, thanks. So just barely smaller than BT-55 ID (32.6 mm).

The Estes retainer's about 36.5 mm (measured rib to rib).
Rich Holmes
Camillus, NY
Secretary / newsletter editor
Syracuse Rocket Club

http://richsrockets.wordpress.com
I've taken to machining the ribs off of the Estes retainers, making them much smaller and less clunky looking, and a better fit into nozzle bells like on the QCC. I haven't measured one but I think it takes off 3+ mm in diameter.
Dave Cook 
NAR 21953 L2    TRA 1108