Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rocketry warehouse 6" Black Brant
Hi all, I cant believe i am asking this..... I have a 6" blackbrant, it has a 4" MMT any suggestions on motor retention? I was hoping to use an aeropack but it seems that don't make a glue on one for 4". I really hate the idea of hacking up the tailcone and using threaded rod...

Bill Clune L3 | NAR#88583
Been a launch Director
Founded a Club
MARS Club|SRC|MDRA - Forever
(02-20-2016, 03:31 PM)wclune Wrote: Hi all, I cant believe i am asking this..... I have a 6" blackbrant, it has a 4" MMT any suggestions on motor retention? I was hoping to use an aeropack but it seems that don't make a glue on one for 4". I really hate the idea of hacking up the tailcone and using threaded rod...

did you look at the slimline 98mm retainer? 
[Image: treaded-retainer_kit.jpg]
Riley Keller
URRG
TRA#15415
L1 25 Oct 2014 Estes MDRM CTI H133
L2 25 June 2015 Rocketry Warehouse DYOK, CTI L1030RL 14k ft mach 1.57

I'm addicted to building stuff, rockets are just a way to get highCool
Well,I guess we'll need to order 2 of them!
They do have a flanged version for 98 mm.
It works with a 6" tube.

JD
Thanks JD we got it figured out for our L3's!
(02-20-2016, 03:31 PM)wclune Wrote: Hi all, I cant believe i am asking this..... I have a 6" blackbrant, it has a 4" MMT any suggestions on motor retention? I was hoping to use an aeropack but it seems that don't make a glue on one for 4". I really hate the idea of hacking up the tailcone and using threaded rod...

I have one of these in construction. I used a flanged retainer. It just fits the smaller CR that fits into the tail cone. I mounted it to the CR, then the CR to the motor tube. Install the MMT into the body tube with the front 2 CRs, then fit the tail cone.

Almost ready for primer, need to do a little more work on the fillets.

I'm aiming for a good looking rocket on the pad - not perfection.
Motor retainers ordered and delivered thank you AMW!