Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What I'd like to see in this website
Hi! Great forum here! I'm assuming the site is still under construction as many of the forums won't let us post (not me anyways) 

A few things I would suggest:
1) A welcoming section where we can introduce ourselves
2) I want vendors to be able to post what they want without paying a huge fee
3) an upgrade from TRF!

Seriously though, I'm glad that this forum was started and I hope it all works out!
Cody Smith
NAR: Jr. L1
TRA: TMP
Breadcrumbs on the bottom of each page, not just the top.

no limit on photos per post ><
I'd like to know something about who the forum owner is (nismerf, apparently, but other than that?), and what their plans/intentions/goals for this site are.

I'd like the Terms of Service as a sticky post or otherwise available to anyone who wants to refer to it.

I'd like the owner not to be a greedy lying vindictive slimeweasel, unlike certain rocketry forum owners. Hopefully they are!

I'd also like some reassurance the owner isn't going to turn around and sell this forum to a greedy lying vindictive slimeweasel, unlike certain former rocketry forum owners.
Rich Holmes
Camillus, NY
Secretary / newsletter editor
Syracuse Rocket Club

http://richsrockets.wordpress.com
This forum was started to give everyone who is interested in rocketry a fresh start, regardless of issues they may have had on other sites.

Everyone is welcome here, as long as they abide by a few simple rules. While the owners and mods of this forum do not like a lot of rules, we recognize that despite everyone's best intentions a few rules are necessary. They are simple and basic - no discussion of politics or religion. No bashing of any individuals, businesses, or other forums.

We would also ask if you see a member here who you have had previous issues with elsewhere, please put that behind you and don't let that spill over to this forum. We would ask that you clear the slate and offer the other party a fresh start as well. If you are unable to bring yourself to do that then we are requesting that you at the very least keep your feelings for that person off of this forum.

RC is owned and moderated by fellow rocketeers, who at least for the present, wish to remain anonymous.

There will be no fees for vendors. This forum will not be sold. It would be shut down before we would allow that to happen!

There will be no off topic sections that can lead to the issues that other forums have unfortunately had to deal with. Let's stick to talking about rockets. That's what this forum is all about.

Thanks for the above suggestions on adding some new sections (welcoming, electronics, etc.). Give us a little time to get those setup for you.
Also we will look into the issue with the inability of folks to post in certain sections.

Give us a little time, as we have full time jobs, and this is after all our hobby...

Thanks much, and welcome aboard! Smile

DSR
Could you change this "no discussion of politics or religion" to "no politics or religion" because some people will make a rocketry post with a final snide political remark such as "We can blame (problem) on (president/politician's) economic policy/defense policy, etc." or "We would not have (problem) except for (president/politician's) economic policy/defense policy, etc." A "no politics or religion" policy cuts down on the baiting or trolling for political or religious discussions.  I can understand and accept a religious expression like "Merry Christmas" during the season.

Just a suggestion.
(06-07-2015, 11:42 AM)WvonBraun Wrote: Could you change this "no discussion of politics or religion" to "no politics or religion" because some people will make a rocketry post with a final snide political remark such as "We can blame (problem) on (president/politician's) economic policy/defense policy, etc." or "We would not have (problem) except for (president/politician's) economic policy/defense policy, etc." A "no politics or religion" policy cuts down on the baiting or trolling for political or religious discussions.  I can understand and accept a religious expression like "Merry Christmas" during the season.

Just a suggestion.

There is on-topic rocketry politics that should absolutely be allowed.  Especially DOT, FAA, ATF, states, etc.

Jerry
Exemptions not regulations. Please purchase a few rockets from http://v-serv.com/usr/instaship-visual.htm
Thanks. Support eliminating explosive treatment of slow burning solids by DOT.
I think all sport rocketry related forums have made an exception about specific, on-topic rocketry posts about government policies and regulations. If you, Jerry, or Fred, etc. wants to make a post with an update on the progress of legal reforms of rocketry regulations in California that's acceptable. However, I do not think that there should be posts about NASA's budget because it is not specifically sport rocketry / model rocketry related.
(06-07-2015, 11:16 AM)darkstar rising Wrote: There will be no fees for vendors. This forum will not be sold. It would be shut down before we would allow that to happen!

Excellent.

And everything else sounds good to me. Understandable that you don't want to identify yourselves at this time; assurances that this forum is indeed rocketeer-owned and controlled are the main thing.

I approve of the "no politics or religion" policy if carefully and consistently applied. As for non rocketry posts, not sure whether not having a place for them is the best approach but let's see how you handle them.

Your welcoming attitude and "fresh start" policy are a great sign. Good luck and I look forward to seeing what happens!
Rich Holmes
Camillus, NY
Secretary / newsletter editor
Syracuse Rocket Club

http://richsrockets.wordpress.com
No "forum games" or other "click bait". These seem to be used to bury popular threads and unpopular poster's messages after a day or less at TRF. Also massive new thread rates do the same. People should be encouraged to start new threads judiciously. No rules needed.
Exemptions not regulations. Please purchase a few rockets from http://v-serv.com/usr/instaship-visual.htm
Thanks. Support eliminating explosive treatment of slow burning solids by DOT.
I can't seem to find the "Mark Forum Read" or "Mark All Forums Read" functionality.

Does it exist? If so, where can I find it?

Thanks!

Kit

EDIT: Double click the black dot in front of individual forum.  Still can't find "Mark All Forums Read".
Kit (aka "Cranky Kong"), Certified Rocket Monkey
"We were promised jet packs!"

2015: Total Impulse: 2,017.78 Ns - 58% K motor
Since 2010: Impulse: 11,019.58 Ns - 8% N motor