Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
May WVSOAR Club Rocket Launch at Bob Evans Farm, Rio Grande, OH
The May club launch for WVSOAR NAR 564 will be postponed to Saturday, May 28th  10-5pm
at the Bob Evans Farm field in Rio Grande, Ohio.

1/8" 3/16" 1/4" launch rods available. 1010 and 1515 rails also on site. 10,000ft. MSL waiver with "K" motor limit.
Vendor expected to be in attendance for those last minute purchases.
Food available at Bob Evans, Subway, McDonalds, and a nearby gas station quick-market.

For further questions, please check out the WVSOAR NAR 564 facebook page, and for updates.
I hope you have great weather for your launch Kirk. Let's hope this summer shines upon our launches, unlike some of last summer!
Greg Young - L3
TRA 00234
NAR 42065
Club president David Cook has decided to postpone the regular monthly club launch to Saturday, May 28th, 2016 due to the threat of soaking rains Saturday morning. There are few things worse than sitting in a pouring rain or trying to strike after having just set up, so we're going to delay to our rain date. Unfortunately, this will be memorial weekend, but that's when the field is available. Also, the periodic cicada emergence which happens once every 17 years around here, will be in full force by then. That's worth the drive to come visit right there! Make plans to attend Bob Evans farms with us and come launch!
Guys, it looks like we're going to have to give up on a May launch. Weather looks pretty rainy, cool and wet again for this coming Saturday, May 21st. Therefore, President David E Cook and I have been consulting and agree that it would be a miserable set up for Jerry in possible rain and wet conditions to try to salvage any part of Saturday. Therefore, we are cancelling the club launch for May. It was a good effort trying to find an alternative date, and while many were willing to make it work, the weather patterns and holiday just won't let it happen. Let's work toward June.

APPARENTLY, I failed to update this listing that too many couldn't make May 28th, so we attempted to move it forward to Sat. May 21st. Many were interested, but the rain is not cooperating. So we're pulling the plug on anything in May. Sorry.