Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Wildman Punisher 2200 (3 inch minimum dia. build)
#1
Since I have a couple of unfinished builds, which I've made a little progress on, I decided to start another.

Last year at Aeronaut I bought an Aerotech L2200, and didn't get a chance to fly it. I left the motor with Mike of Bay Area rocketry.

I have now booked a flight for XPRS which is mid-September.

This rocket will be a 3 inch diameter build intended to use up the L2200, and will be built from 3 inch Punisher parts.

Currently I'm on vacation and then travel for work, for about another 10 days, but have built the fin can and have enough pics on my phone to dump most of the build up to this point.
Reply
#2
Fins:


Attached Files Thumbnail(s)
               
Reply
#3
continued


Attached Files Thumbnail(s)
           
Reply
#4
What kind of speed and altitude are you expecting from this sucker?
John S.
NAR #96911
TRA #15253
MDRA
Level 1, 2014-Mar-15 -- Aerotech Sumo, H133BS
Level 2, 2014-Jun-21 -- Giant Leap Vertical Assault, J240RL
Level 3, 2016-03-12 -- MAC Performance Radial Flyer, M1101WH, 13,028 feet
Reply
#5
It should hit about Mach 2.3 and 30,000 feet at Black Rock if all goes well.
(08-10-2016, 09:57 AM)Bat-mite Wrote: What kind of speed and altitude are you expecting from this sucker?
Reply
#6
Sweet!
John S.
NAR #96911
TRA #15253
MDRA
Level 1, 2014-Mar-15 -- Aerotech Sumo, H133BS
Level 2, 2014-Jun-21 -- Giant Leap Vertical Assault, J240RL
Level 3, 2016-03-12 -- MAC Performance Radial Flyer, M1101WH, 13,028 feet
Reply
#7
Fillets


Attached Files Thumbnail(s)
           
Reply
#8
Looking good. Can't believe you got a 1.62 cal stability with that motor. Nice.
John S.
NAR #96911
TRA #15253
MDRA
Level 1, 2014-Mar-15 -- Aerotech Sumo, H133BS
Level 2, 2014-Jun-21 -- Giant Leap Vertical Assault, J240RL
Level 3, 2016-03-12 -- MAC Performance Radial Flyer, M1101WH, 13,028 feet
Reply
#9
I may have to add nose weight to adjust the stability margin but 4 fins with 3.5 inch span helps.

Fin can reinforcement. Used ACP composites 2.9 oz. uniweb.


Attached Files Thumbnail(s)
           
Reply
#10
The uni directional carbon didn't go so well.  I put on two layers, and only laminated one of four sides, since I had not used it before and wasn't sure how it would turn out.    I vacuum bagged it and it laid down ok, but the finish was a little lumpy, and would have taken a lot more finishing work than I wanted to deal with, so I removed it.  Decided to go with two layers of plain weave instead.

Vacuum bagged and sanded. Filled in pin holes and transition with Super Fil epoxy.

Used copious amounts of Rocket Epoxy on the nose cone tip and eyebolt.


Attached Files Thumbnail(s)
                               
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)