Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wildman Punisher 2200 (3 inch minimum dia. build)
Looks good Mark. I should be there to see it fly.
(08-26-2016, 06:12 PM)ChrisAttebery Wrote: Looks good Mark. I should be there to see it fly.
Cool, thanks.  See you out there in a couple weeks.

Primer:

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Painted this one blue.

Ejection charge testing.  I was half expecting the plastic Punisher nose cone to split open from the charge, but it held.  I used 1.25 grams for the nose, packed with chute and recovery harness, held with 3 #2 nylon screws.  It separated with authority reaching the end of the 20 ft cord pretty much instantly.  Will probably dial it back to 1 gram.  Used 1.75 g on the bottom end.  This 2500 pound kevlar mule tape is pretty much single use as it burns through easily. Why do they even sell this stuff for rocketry?  Guess I'll be using thicker woven tubular kevlar.

The bar layout at Bruno's has changed for those of you heading to Balls. Any lurkers here going to Balls?

Here is a dog at Bruno's.

(09-19-2016, 12:17 PM)MarkH Wrote: Here is a dog at Bruno's.

Here are the ponies greeting rocketeers on their way to the playa on 447, Friday morning.

Here are 4 Mojave green grains getting ready to unleash 40 gees on my rocket. I glued them in with Elmer's Glue All Max borrowed from Karl of Aerotech.

Here are pics of the recovery. It landed about 3 miles to the north east in the scrub area. Hardly a scratch, other that some scuffs on the fin tips from landing.

Lift off:

Rail guides broke on one of the hinge connections.  Not sure if it was a fin strike, or from hitting the ground.

Moon over Gerlach.  Good night everybody.  Thanks for following.

Great flight Mark! Smile
Greg Young - L3
TRA 00234
NAR 42065