Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello
HELLO saw mention of the forum on the rocketry fourm. And thought to check this out 
.I'm in the process of recertification of my Level one and two tripoil. I also a thread there for my level 3 but that is ever changing .
Welcom to the forum, and good luck on the recertifications!

Apparently people have developed an affliction and don't like to post. Like this thread; 30 views and no responses. I think they're afraid of having their TRF card revoked or something. Smile
If it makes yall feel better, welcome. Never been a huge fan of "welcome" threads, but since it seems important to some of yall, so be it.

Good luck with your certs and stuff. Personally I have no interest in HPR beyond the academics and current events... I *REFUSE* to get ANY "certification" for a HOBBY activity which is supposed to be a LEISURE activity. I have enough stupid gubmint hoops to jump through in "real life" without the additional garbage nonsense of "certifications".

Besides, I wouldn't spend the kind of money that folks spend on HPR activities...

More power to you and good luck! OL J R Smile

PS. Who cares about the stinking "Terribly Run Forum"? Quit there over a year ago and haven't been back... Was REALLY hoping that this place (along with Sagitta Cantina and "Rocketry Center" would gain some traction and build its membership and post volume, but sadly that seems an almost impossible hill to climb... seems folks like being treated like CHILDREN on other forums-- I guess so long as they have an audience, they don't mind being lorded over constantly by jack-booted thug moderators working for the benefit of a few pansies who cannot tolerate being disagreed with or anything being discussed they personally do not like...

Oh well...
(01-24-2017, 02:46 PM)luke strawwalker Wrote: PS. Who cares about the stinking "Terribly Run Forum"? Quit there over a year ago and haven't been back... Was REALLY hoping that this place (along with Sagitta Cantina and "Rocketry Center" would gain some traction and build its membership and post volume, but sadly that seems an almost impossible hill to climb... seems folks like being treated like CHILDREN on other forums-- I guess so long as they have an audience, they don't mind being lorded over constantly by jack-booted thug moderators working for the benefit of a few pansies who cannot tolerate being disagreed with or anything being discussed they personally do not like...

Oh well...

AMEN..... LOL

Bill Clune L3 | NAR#88583
Been a launch Director
Founded a Club
MARS Club|SRC|MDRA - Forever
(01-24-2017, 10:38 PM)wclune Wrote:
(01-24-2017, 02:46 PM)luke strawwalker Wrote: PS.  Who cares about the stinking "Terribly Run Forum"?  Quit there over a year ago and haven't been back...  Was REALLY hoping that this place (along with Sagitta Cantina and "Rocketry Center" would gain some traction and build its membership and post volume, but sadly that seems an almost impossible hill to climb... seems folks like being treated like CHILDREN on other forums-- I guess so long as they have an audience, they don't mind being lorded over constantly by jack-booted thug moderators working for the benefit of a few pansies who cannot tolerate being disagreed with or anything being discussed they personally do not like...

Oh well...

AMEN..... LOL

LOLSmile  

DOH!  Meant to say "Rocketry Spot" rather than "Rocketry Center".  That's here... RS is the other one, the one that IIRC was started because people were looking for someplace to have FREE AND OPEN DISCUSSION of propellant formulations, mixing, recipes, making ignitors, etc... all without being treated like INFANTS over on the Terribly Run Forum...

I guess they decided not to bother.  I check there a couple times a week and I can't remember the last time it came back with a "new post" for me to read...

OH well.  I check here every day too, usually there's at least ONE new post.  That's something anyway.  

Later!  OL J R Smile
I tried to register at the rocketryspot once and had technical difficulties, and it didn't go through.  Now it appears registration is shut down completely, probably to keep out spammers.  Oh well.

My problem with TRF is the monetization of the site since it was sold.  The new owner sells supporter badges to keep you ad free and claims it helps pay for site upkeep.  I'm sure the ad revenue more than pays to keep the lights on. He also shakes down vendors for a $25 monthly fee in order to be able post in the vendors forum.  Moderation is pretty lax over there now, and the only time the owner appears (now hiding behind the name Angie instead of Austin) is when something breaks.

Problem at RC is there are a small number of regulars checking in, probably 25-50 per week  (and shrinking), based on the 'Who was online today' button, but no one posts.  I guess people come here to make sure there haven't been any posts.  Not to count the lurkers who don't log in of which there are probably a good number of those. It seems the only thing more contagious than posting is not posting.  So everybody  go build a rocket and post a picture or something.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

What is "rocketry spot"? Never mind. I just went and looked, and there's been no action for months on that forum.

I guess either the moderator closed it, or it expired. You can read things, but can't add, edit or affect it at all.
It seems some of the social media sites have really impacted forum use.
I still prefer forums, but just don't have the time to post the way I should.
To get back on track a bit, I would like to echo my welcome aboard to Chris M!.
Greg Young - L3
TRA 00234
NAR 42065
(01-27-2017, 09:57 AM)MarkH Wrote: Problem at RC is there are a small number of regulars checking in, probably 25-50 per week  (and shrinking), based on the 'Who was online today' button, but no one posts.  I guess people come here to make sure there haven't been any posts.  Not to count the lurkers who don't log in of which there are probably a good number of those. It seems the only thing more contagious than posting is not posting.  So everybody  go build a rocket and post a picture or something.

Welcome to Chis M.

I try to log in when I visit, sadly it isn't as often as I probably should to try to keep the show of interest up. Day job, side business and a host of other projects keep me busy doing things and not hanging around in forums talking about doing things. Afraid I'm not much of an ambassador to the hobby not being a member of any clubs, having any officially recognized qualification in fact I can't remember the last time I had a face to face discussion with anyone into the hobby was.