Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MDRA ESL 233
Here's a pic of someone's L3 flight, I think. Some mach diamonds, shining bright like Rihanna. The only pics I took other than of my own, just testing out some settings.

And here are a few pics of my Estes MDRM.  Launched on an Aerotech K458W. I missed the liftoff because the LCO accidently drag raced it with another rocket.  It reached about 9100 ft and landed out by Goldsboro road.

(12-20-2017, 06:22 AM)MarkH Wrote: Here's a pic of someone's L3 flight, I think. Some mach diamonds, shining bright like Rihanna. The only pics I took other than of my own, just testing out some settings.

And here are a few pics of my Estes MDRM.  Launched on an Aerotech K458W. I missed the liftoff because the LCO accidently drag raced it with another rocket.  It reached about 9100 ft and landed out by Goldsboro road.

Hi Mark-Cool flight! Are you doing HED, and presuming it can hold an L or baby M (with added nose weight), what altitude is obtained on the sim?

Fred,L2
member of ICBM, S.C.
Fred,

Not exactly HED. My electronics are in the nose, with all the recovery gear below the nosecone, above the motor, with the parachute tethered with a Jolly Logic chute release. It has about a pound and a half of nose weight. The K458 is a single grain 98mm. A two grain 98mm will fit (it actually improves the CG), but I need to reduce the recovery volume a bit because I have trouble getting the nosecone on. I have an L400W I was going to try to fly, it sims to about 14k.
Mark was Neil the LCO for the "drag race"?? LOL he does that way to often, he can announce like no other (he is the BEST) but he cant figure out the toggle switches to save his life.....

Bill Clune L3 | NAR#88583
Been a launch Director
Founded a Club
MARS Club|SRC|MDRA - Forever
wclune Wrote:Mark was Neil the LCO for the "drag race"?? LOL he does that way to often, he can announce like no other (he is the BEST) but he cant figure out the toggle switches to save his life.....

Hah.  No it was Scott.
Wow... LOL

Bill Clune L3 | NAR#88583
Been a launch Director
Founded a Club
MARS Club|SRC|MDRA - Forever