Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
What's your favorite LPR rocket(s)?
I think it's hard to pin it down to just one. Some of my favorites are from Estes' SciFi/Fantasy collection - the Trident (K-33) and the Rigel-3 (#1363) have always been just very elegant designs to my eye.

But the one that got me started was the Skyhook, #1208 (K-8). That one I don't have anymore, and I really ought to build a replacement.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

John
(06-08-2015, 05:17 PM)Bill Eichelberger Wrote: I love the simplicity and classic design of the Estes Der Red Max.  This is an old pic, and I've since expanded the family, so I'll need to update it this summer.

[Image: 021_zpsf17f3bca.jpg]
Bill that is one great collection! Smile Smile
Greg Young - L3
TRA 00234
NAR 42065
Estes Mars Lander (favorite futuristic)
Centuri Little Joe II 1/45 (favorite scale model)
U.S. Rockets Sonic 160 (favorite two stage)

Sorry, too difficult to pick just one!

Big Grin
Steve Naquin
TRA# 677  L2
NAR# 85518 L2
(06-08-2015, 05:17 PM)Bill Eichelberger Wrote: I love the simplicity and classic design of the Estes Der Red Max.  This is an old pic, and I've since expanded the family, so I'll need to update it this summer.
I love this photo. Can't remember where I've seen it before, but it's awesome Big Grin
AMRS #54
WARS #24
(06-08-2015, 10:07 PM)Viking Wrote:
(06-08-2015, 05:17 PM)Bill Eichelberger Wrote: I love the simplicity and classic design of the Estes Der Red Max.  This is an old pic, and I've since expanded the family, so I'll need to update it this summer.
I love this photo. Can't remember where I've seen it before, but it's awesome  Big Grin

To paraphrase Johnny Cash, "It's been everywhere, man."
My favorite is the Estes M-104 Patriot. I know its a simple 4FNC kit, but to me it's what a rocket is supposed to look like!

Jerome Smile
QCC Explorer is a fun build and fly's good. For a scale rocket I like the Estes Bull Pup. Some times I like to take it to the field just to be a table ornament.
Bill Fields
L2
TRA
When I'm feeling nostalgic, it's time to sit down and build a Big Bertha or an Astron Alpha. But when I do, I HAVE to switch out the plastic cone for balsa, and do a retro paint job. More sanding, and that's OK.
"Momma always told me not to look into the eyes of the sun, but Momma, that's where the fun is."
Objects in the rear view mirror may appear closer than they are.
Don't know if this will count as a LPR, but could be considered MPR...

I LOVE my Mega Mosquito.  So large, so sturdy, so...YELLOW.
I wince each time I  have to buy another pack of large Ds or Es
to fly it, but it sure feels good.  And that smell of burnt black powder
as you walk back to the launch site with it in your hands.  Wow!

(06-08-2015, 07:00 PM)Greg Young Wrote:

I think it's time for an intervention....  Tongue
(06-14-2015, 05:25 PM)Kirk G Wrote: Don't know if this will count as a LPR, but could be considered MPR...

I LOVE my Mega Mosquito.  So large, so sturdy, so...YELLOW.
I wince each time I  have to buy another pack of large Ds or Es
to fly it, but it sure feels good.  And that smell of burnt black powder
as you walk back to the launch site with it in your hands.  Wow!

(06-08-2015, 07:00 PM)Greg Young Wrote:

I think it's time for an intervention....  Tongue

Someone has to dispose of the hazmat. I volunteer.
Exemptions not regulations. Please purchase a few rockets from http://v-serv.com/usr/instaship-visual.htm
Thanks. Support eliminating explosive treatment of slow burning solids by DOT.