What's your favorite LPR rocket(s)?
I have two favorites, in this order:

The Dr. Zooch Saturn V and
My Odd'l Rockets Little Green Man

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Hans "Chris" Michielssen
Old/New NAR # 19086 SR
www.modelrocketbuilding.blogspot.com

Like Viking, my username is also my favorite rocket -- in my case, the Trident. I guess I could have also chosen Orbital Transport. Although I do not fly HPR any longer. I do have all the parts acquired for a 2.3" diameter Trident, including all the nose cones. I really should just build it. I also have a BT-60 based Orbital Transport that is designed for 24mm E/F reloads.
Lee
NAR 55948, L2
In Build:   Estes Saturn 1B
Next: complete Semroc Mars Lander, upscaled Orbital Transport
In Finishing:  Interceptor-E 
Pretty much the entire '69 Centuri catalog, but if you're wanting a specific rocket, it would be the first rocket I built as a kid; the Astro-1.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Not a favorite, but one I want to make... The Viking.

As a PSU Viking alum, it seems only fitting to recognize my Alma Mater
NAR #100544

"The Guide says there is an art to flying", said Ford, "or rather a knack." 
"The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."

Launching is Optional... Landing? That Depends on Trees.

This is my HPR 2x upscale but you'll get the idea.

Dave Cook  NAR 21953
My favorite LPR rocket is not a kit, but rather one I designed myself:

The 3-D Printed rocket!

Only 7 parts ,not including the rocket engine, for only $99.99!  What a deal! Tongue

BuiltFromTrash
First RMS Flight: June-17 2015
Pringles Can Rocket
G53-FJ-7 (29-40/120) 92 Newton-Seconds
~1300 Ft
(06-22-2015, 12:18 AM)BuiltFromTrash Wrote: My favorite LPR rocket is not a kit, but rather one I designed myself:

The 3-D Printed rocket!

Only 7 parts ,not including the rocket engine, for only $99.99!  What a deal! Tongue

Very nice!  I assume since you mention that it's 7 parts that the fins are printed separately?  How did you attach the fins to the airframe?
Steve Naquin
TRA# 677  L2
NAR# 85518 L2
(06-22-2015, 11:56 AM)snaquin Wrote:
(06-22-2015, 12:18 AM)BuiltFromTrash Wrote: My favorite LPR rocket is not a kit, but rather one I designed myself:

The 3-D Printed rocket!

Very nice!  I assume since you mention that it's 7 parts that the fins are printed separately?  How did you attach the fins to the airframe?

From the photograph, it looked to me like the fincan is one single unit, there's an upper airframe, nosecone, a couple of pieces that may be related to motor or parachute retention, parachute, and shock cord.

From what I know about 3D printed parts, I'd hazard a guess that the fincan was printed upright from the bottom to the top.
NAR #100544

"The Guide says there is an art to flying", said Ford, "or rather a knack." 
"The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."

Launching is Optional... Landing? That Depends on Trees.

(06-22-2015, 11:56 AM)snaquin Wrote: Very nice!  I assume since you mention that it's 7 parts that the fins are printed separately?  How did you attach the fins to the airframe?
Thanks!  Fins, motor mount, and lower body tube are all one unit.  The whole thing was one print run (Something on the order of 5Hrs on a older Stratasys Uprint!)

(06-22-2015, 12:26 PM)K Wrote: From the photograph, it looked to me like the fincan is one single unit, there's an upper airframe, nosecone, a couple of pieces that may be related to motor or parachute retention, parachute, and shock cord.

From what I know about 3D printed parts, I'd hazard a guess that the fincan was printed upright from the bottom to the top.

The bottom part is a fincan/motor mount/half motor retention/eyehole.  The other half of the motor retention is the retaining ring that is inserted in the rear and given a quarter twist to lock the motor in.  The rest of the 3-D printed parts include, the nose cone with another eyehole as well as a shoulder, and the top part of the body tube with a shoulder on the bottom.

It was printed standing up, however, the bottom is not flat, so support material had to be printed for it at the same time.  All the parts were printed at the same time.
BuiltFromTrash
First RMS Flight: June-17 2015
Pringles Can Rocket
G53-FJ-7 (29-40/120) 92 Newton-Seconds
~1300 Ft
LPR? 

SO many choices...  Must I settle on just one?

The Estes Goblin is a long-time favorite of mine... I upscaled this for my L2 bird.

The Estes Der Red Max as well... the first scratch-built HPR I made was of this classic.  To 4".  Estes came out with the MDRM a couple years later.  Mine has a 38mm hole, though.  Heh.

The Citation Patriot --that is, NOT the missile-- I've got to say, is the first one I went looking for when I got back into this.  I'll probably do an upscale of it at one point in the future... soon as Stickershock is back up and running...

Later!

--Coop