Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello from Indiana
I’ll take a minute and do the introduction, I’m Steve from a small town of Converse in Indiana. I’ve been into rocketry for some years now with the low and mid power stuff, but as of late have been getting more interested in high power. I’ve been fortunate enough to finally find a rocket club reasonably close (1 1/2hrs) from me and am hoping to get my L1 very soon, as I will be building my rocket here soon. 
Hope I can learn a bit from you veterans and start flying high! Thanks for having me.
(01-02-2018, 12:48 PM)IndianaSteve Wrote: I’ll take a minute and do the introduction, I’m Steve from a small town of Converse in Indiana. I’ve been into rocketry for some years now with the low and mid power stuff, but as of late have been getting more interested in high power. I’ve been fortunate enough to finally find a rocket club reasonably close (1 1/2hrs) from me and am hoping to get my L1 very soon, as I will be building my rocket here soon. 
Hope I can learn a bit from you veterans and start flying high! Thanks for having me.

Welcome to the forum Steve!  I assume you saw my free Loki 38/240 offer for L1 cert.
(01-03-2018, 07:58 AM)MarkH Wrote:
(01-02-2018, 12:48 PM)IndianaSteve Wrote: I’ll take a minute and do the introduction, I’m Steve from a small town of Converse in Indiana. I’ve been into rocketry for some years now with the low and mid power stuff, but as of late have been getting more interested in high power. I’ve been fortunate enough to finally find a rocket club reasonably close (1 1/2hrs) from me and am hoping to get my L1 very soon, as I will be building my rocket here soon. 

Welcome to the forum Steve!  I assume you saw my free Loki 38/240 offer for L1 cert.
Thanks for the warm welcome Mark 👍🏻
Steve what club in Indiana? I have been to a few fields the one in Muncie is cool, rockets and R/C cohabiting.

Bill Clune L3 | NAR#88583
Been a launch Director
Founded a Club
MARS Club|SRC|MDRA - Forever
(01-03-2018, 12:10 PM)wclune Wrote: Steve what club in Indiana? I have been to a few fields the one in Muncie is cool, rockets and R/C cohabiting.

I will be launching at the Indiana Rockety Club launch in Lafayette. I am about the same distance to Muncie and hope to get to one of their launches this year as well.
(01-03-2018, 12:38 PM)IndianaSteve Wrote:
(01-03-2018, 12:10 PM)wclune Wrote: Steve what club in Indiana? I have been to a few fields the one in Muncie is cool, rockets and R/C cohabiting.

I will be launching at the Indiana Rockety Club launch in Lafayette. I am about the same distance to Muncie and hope to get to one of their launches this year as well.

Welcome!  Just got back in the house from Indiana, matter of fact... been visiting family near Rochester and Spencer, near Bloomington.  Hope you're keeping warm!  

I drive to Indiana several times a year, to help my brother in law planting crops and harvesting, and to see the family up there.  

More later and best of luck!  OL J R Smile
(01-03-2018, 10:43 PM)luke strawwalker Wrote:

Welcome!  Just got back in the house from Indiana, matter of fact... been visiting family near Rochester and Spencer, near Bloomington.  Hope you're keeping warm!  

I drive to Indiana several times a year, to help my brother in law planting crops and harvesting, and to see the family up there.  

More later and best of luck!  OL J R Smile
Yeah the keeping warm part has been a challenge this week 😂
I deer hunt quite a bit up in Rochester. Thanks again for the welcome 👍🏻

I haven't been to that field, i was at the old field IRC had till recently.
Nice bunch of guys!

Bill Clune L3 | NAR#88583
Been a launch Director
Founded a Club
MARS Club|SRC|MDRA - Forever