Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
AMW Red Max Build
#1
Here are the parts unboxed.  Fin skins included.

   

I am currently thinking of building it with a 75mm mount, since a 54mm J doesn't seem like enough.   And because my Estes Mega DRM was 98mm/minimum diameter... going for a little less overkill here.  I think I can make a 2 grain 75mm work.
Reply
#2
(01-14-2018, 06:25 PM)MarkH Wrote: Here are the parts unboxed.  Fin skins included.



I am currently thinking of building it with a 75mm mount, since a 54mm J doesn't seem like enough.   And because my Estes Mega DRM was 98mm/minimum diameter... going for a little less overkill here.  I think I can make a 2 grain 75mm wo
Hi Mark,
  Very interesting project. One of my first builds was a RW Rogue (also 4 inch & 54mm MM). I wish that I had used a 75 mm MM instead of the supplied 54 mm one. If you consider a chute release and HED deployment (rather than classic dual deploy), you should definitely have room for  a CTI 2 grain 75MM motor. Let me know how much "tonage" you need to add to the nose cone (after simming) for a stable flight.
Fred
Reply
#3
(01-15-2018, 12:35 AM)FMarvinS Wrote: Hi Mark,
  Very interesting project. One of my first builds was a RW Rogue (also 4 inch & 54mm MM). I wish that I had used a 75 mm MM instead of the supplied 54 mm one. If you consider a chute release and HED deployment (rather than classic dual deploy), you should definitely have room for  a CTI 2 grain 75MM motor. Let me know how much "tonage" you need to add to the nose cone (after simming) for a stable flight.
Fred

Fred,

Below is the general layout.  There looks to be about 5 inches of clearance between motor and nosecone bulkhead.  I will do a dry fit first to make sure I can fit the recovery gear, before gluing anything together.   Basically electronics in the nose, single break, with a JLCR.

   

I'm not sure about the HED term.  That seems to be a Wildman, or Crazy Jim creation, which removes the upper payload tube, uses a standard ebay, and puts the parachute in the nose, at least as far as Wildman kits go.
Reply
#4
(01-16-2018, 07:46 AM)MarkH Wrote:
(01-15-2018, 12:35 AM)FMarvinS Wrote: Hi Mark,
  Very interesting project. One of my first builds was a RW Rogue (also 4 inch & 54mm MM). I wish that I had used a 75 mm MM instead of the supplied 54 mm one. If you consider a chute release and HED deployment (rather than classic dual deploy), you should definitely have room for  a CTI 2 grain 75MM motor. Let me know how much "tonage" you need to add to the nose cone (after simming) for a stable flight.
Fred

Fred,

Below is the general layout.  There looks to be about 5 inches of clearance between motor and nosecone bulkhead.  I will do a dry fit first to make sure I can fit the recovery gear, before gluing anything together.   Basically electronics in the nose, single break, with a JLCR.



I'm not sure about the HED term.  That seems to be a Wildman, or Crazy Jim creation, which removes the upper payload tube, uses a standard ebay, and puts the parachute in the nose, at least as far as Wildman kits go.


Mark,
  

  I loosely use the HED term to relate to most nosecone main chute deployment-I'll be following your build.

Fred
Reply
#5
The Wildman Punisher from this build donated its left over 75 mm motor mount.  Thanks Wildman Punisher.
   
   
   

Recovery gear fits, but is a little tight. It should be ok.
   
   
Reply
#6
Very cool build! That should get up and scoot on a 75mm😎
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)