Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Here's how you post an image
Information 
Here's a picture.

Ta daa.

The user interface is pretty awful, but it works. You have to (1) select an image file (2) attach it (3) insert it into the post.

See movie:
[video=youtube]https://youtu.be/nAL7ANE5nSc[/video]

Or in words:

Start composing a message. Use the "New Reply" button, not the "Quick Reply" pane (or if you've started replying in the "Quick Reply" pane, click "Preview Post". That will put you into the full editing pane.)

Go down below the "Post a new Thread" pane to the "Attachments" pane. Next to "New Attachment" click "Choose File". Select a file.

Then on the right of the "Attachments" pane, click "Add Attachment". Various new buttons appear after a moment or two. One says "Insert Into Post".

Click in the place in your message you want the image thumbnail to go, and click the "Insert Into Post" button.

There you go. It's a pretty small thumbnail but clicking on it brings up the full size picture.

(If you want a larger picture in your post, you'll need to host the image file elsewhere and add it to your message differently.)
Rich Holmes
Camillus, NY
Secretary / newsletter editor
Syracuse Rocket Club

http://richsrockets.wordpress.com

Well, it worked in this case but when I tried it in the thread I wanted to post the pic in it did'nt work again.
F$%^ it! I give up.
I've had it with this place.
Top... I give up. I have tried on my cell and my laptop and cant get any pics to load. I know I can be retarded at times but this is crazy. What works for one person and not another is to far out there for me.
Bill Fields
L2
TRA
(06-17-2015, 06:35 PM)Getmore Wrote: Top... I give up. I have tried on my cell and my laptop and cant get any pics to load. I know I can be retarded at times but this is crazy. What works for one person and not another is to far out there for me.

I don't understand why it worked in the post in this thread, but then when I tried to do the EXACT same thing in the "What's Your Favorite MPR" Thread it simply would not work the same way.
It never gave me the "Insert into post" prompt.
It let me post the pic' in this thread, so I know it's not the size of the file, which I did resize just in case.
It's just weird.
It worked for me once, but has not worked since, even in a new thread I wanted to start.
Dave Greger L3
NAR# 95846
MDRA #65

Hollie L1
NAR# 99687
Someone might be able to help if you give some details... what browser and platform you used, exactly what steps you followed, where things went wrong, what happened or failed to happen that wasn't what you expected. "It didn't work" doesn't give anyone anything useful to go on.

The size limit for image files is 500 kB. I've found sometimes it'll put up an error message if you try to upload something larger, but sometimes not; it just rejects it with no information. Check to make sure your image is under 500 kB in size; if it's over, use your photo software to shrink it.
Rich Holmes
Camillus, NY
Syracuse Rocket Club

Thanks Rich!!

It must have been the file size! I reduced them at it works fine, would be nice to have an error message.
Dave Greger L3
NAR# 95846
MDRA #65

Hollie L1
NAR# 99687
I'll give it a go.

Here's some text.

Now, I head to the browse button next to New Attachment at the bottom... Select my file... it uploaded apparently.

Click the Insert Into Post button that appeared.

Looks like it worked. Taa Daa!

Not sure why the Insert Image button on the tools bar above the text doesn't support uploads... but then again the TRF button to do that has been broken for weeks or months...

Marc
Tried 3 times and I never got the "insert in post" prompt.
(06-24-2015, 02:34 PM)bill2654 Wrote: Tried 3 times and I never got the "insert in post" prompt.

What was the size of the image file?
Rich Holmes
Camillus, NY
Syracuse Rocket Club