Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shock absorber ?
Anyone using a mechanical shock absorbing device other that 2 miles of Kevlar or in line elastic? Getting ready to test a rear eject 3" rocket and thinking about the two items traveling in different directions and the shock force at the BT.
Other than folding kevlar and wrapping the folds together every few feet with masking tape, I've not tried any form of shock absorbtion, but then I've not done rear ejection either. Please post whatever you come up with.
(04-28-2019, 04:57 PM)MarkH Wrote: Other than folding kevlar and wrapping the folds together every few feet with masking tape, I've not tried any form of shock absorbtion, but then I've not done rear ejection either. Please post whatever you come up with.

Just thinking about the directions of travel, elastic containing its energy along its entire length, and how much potential for damage there is to the BT edge. I have a rocket ready to test if the weather will cooperate on my days off and cobbled together a prototype of the shock absorber I want to use. Usually if I have a "revolutionary" idea, I find someone did it two years ago  Big Grin  More to come....
I would love to see photos of your prototype

Bill Clune L3 | NAR#88583
Been a launch Director
Founded a Club
MARS Club|SRC|MDRA - Forever