Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What I'd like to see in this website
(06-07-2015, 11:16 AM)darkstar rising Wrote: This forum was started to give everyone who is interested in rocketry a fresh start, regardless of issues they may have had on other sites.

We would also ask if you see a member here who you have had previous issues with elsewhere, please put that behind you and don't let that spill over to this forum. We would ask that you clear the slate and offer the other party a fresh start as well. If you are unable to bring yourself to do that then we are requesting that you at the very least keep your feelings for that person off of this forum.

I enthusiastically endorse and look forward to your clean-slate philosophy.  Good luck with this new forum.
(06-07-2015, 10:59 PM)CrankyKong Wrote: I can't seem to find the "Mark Forum Read" or "Mark All Forums Read" functionality.

Does it exist? If so, where can I find it?

Thanks!

Kit

EDIT: Double click the black dot in front of individual forum.  Still can't find "Mark All Forums Read".
The only place I can find it is if you just go the the main forums page where it lists the different forums it is all the way at the bottom of the page.
Quote:Rich Vanleer
Tripoli Level 2 #12313 
(06-07-2015, 11:37 PM)rvanleer65 Wrote:
(06-07-2015, 10:59 PM)CrankyKong Wrote: I can't seem to find the "Mark Forum Read" or "Mark All Forums Read" functionality.

Thanks!

Kit

EDIT: Double click the black dot in front of individual forum.  Still can't find "Mark All Forums Read".
The only place I can find it is if you just go the the main forums page where it lists the different forums it is all the way at the bottom of the page.
Is this what your looking for??

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(06-08-2015, 01:08 AM)nismerf Wrote:
(06-07-2015, 11:37 PM)rvanleer65 Wrote:

Thanks!

Kit

Is this what your looking for??
I didn't see that and I will file it away in the memory banks...but I was looking for a button or link on the main forum page that would allow to mark ALL forums read with a single button push.
Kit (aka "Cranky Kong"), Certified Rocket Monkey
"We were promised jet packs!"

2015: Total Impulse: 2,017.78 Ns - 58% K motor
Since 2010: Impulse: 11,019.58 Ns - 8% N motor
Keep everything model rocketry related. No BBQ recipes, movies, cars, model airplanes or boats, home repair, etc. There are forums for all these things, use them, please.
Clear skies and straight smoke,
Mike
NAR 31689
Fewer Rules.
Dwayne Shmel
L2
I think it's pretty clear some people want a forum where they can shoot the breeze about off-rocketry topics, argue politics and religion, swear, offend, and generally post and let post. And others want a place that's rocketry-focused, free of politico-religious flame wars, and is kid- and woman- and minority-friendly. (And others fall between.) No single forum is going to please everyone and it's a recipe for failure to try to build THE one and only rocketry forum.

For those who do want to mix politics and religion with their rocketry, I would point out the Sagitta Cantina, http://www.starportsagitta.net/the-sagit...na2.html#/.
Rich Holmes
Camillus, NY
Secretary / newsletter editor
Syracuse Rocket Club

http://richsrockets.wordpress.com
No you cant please everyone!
Hopefully the Mods don't allow things to go to off topic and the offenders understand they stepped over a line!

Bill Clune L3 | NAR#88583
Been a launch Director
Founded a Club
MARS Club|SRC|MDRA - Forever
Less hard handed moderation.  Just say please and suggest a guideline.  It need not be a moderator to do that.  But those suggesting it also should be tolerant and not have an expectation of an entirely minor friendly experience. I do not hear minors on here or any website posting complaints about rude content.  Minors these days are plenty savvy on that stuff I assure you.  I find in 13 years of teaching 5th and 6th grade the very best outcomes happen when you simply treat them as adults.  They grow into it quite nicely.  Try it, it works!

Just Jerry
Exemptions not regulations. Please purchase a few rockets from http://v-serv.com/usr/instaship-visual.htm
Thanks. Support eliminating explosive treatment of slow burning solids by DOT.
I agree with Rich. If you seek less rules, less moderation then there is a rocketry forum that caters to that (from what I understand).

Sagitta Cantina http://www.starportsagitta.net/the-sagit...na2.html#/

If you seek freedom to post non-rocketry related content with more moderation and some rules then YORF and TRF might suit your needs.

That leaves this forum where non-rocketry related content is not allowed (as it is now, and as I understand it from a moderator's previous post) that (hopefully) moderators will correct quickly and the necessity of "heavy handed moderation" never occurs.  Members understand the rules and abide by them.