Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What I'd like to see in this website
I'd like to have hover preview enabled for things like new messages overview and other search results.
(06-21-2015, 01:39 AM)Royatl Wrote: I'd like to have hover preview enabled for things like new messages overview and other search results.

+1 This
(06-07-2015, 11:16 AM)darkstar rising Wrote: This forum was started to give everyone who is interested in rocketry a fresh start, regardless of issues they may have had on other sites.
Smile

DSR

Love the clean slate, all-inclusive idea and hope the community will embrace it.  I was ready to leave TRF anyway, so the timing for this forum was perfect.  Thank you to the anonymous owners/mods for giving us an alternative!
Mark Rose
Tripoli Vegas
TRA #11717 L3
KG7NWI
(06-24-2015, 12:20 AM)Stealthfixr Wrote:
(06-07-2015, 11:16 AM)darkstar rising Wrote: This forum was started to give everyone who is interested in rocketry a fresh start, regardless of issues they may have had on other sites.
Smile

DSR

Love the clean slate, all-inclusive idea and hope the community will embrace it.  I was ready to leave TRF anyway, so the timing for this forum was perfect.  Thank you to the anonymous owners/mods for giving us an alternative!

You are a "primary" member of Tripoli Vegas.  How would you feel about TRA adopting policies that caused (by means you cannot currently see or understand) 10x as many people to fly rockets?

Just Jerry
Exemptions not regulations. Please purchase a few rockets from http://v-serv.com/usr/instaship-visual.htm
Thanks. Support eliminating explosive treatment of slow burning solids by DOT.
Let's not get off topic.
NAR #96751, Level 2
Mayhem Rocketry, LLC
That's a nice rocket you have there...if you're looking for me, I'll be under my car.
I have a question about "religion," which is a word that means something different to every person. I would like some clarifications.

Does "religion" mean "debating," "proselytizing," "bashing," or does it extend to simple statements of fact? For example, if someone asks me why I wasn't at a launch on Sunday, and I reply that I was in church, have I violated policy?

Likewise, if someone posts about being sick, can I reply that I am praying for him/her?
John S.
NAR #96911
TRA #15253
MDRA
Level 1, 2014-Mar-15 -- Aerotech Sumo, H133BS
Level 2, 2014-Jun-21 -- Giant Leap Vertical Assault, J240RL
Level 3, 2016-03-12 -- MAC Performance Radial Flyer, M1101WH, 13,028 feet
The operative word is not "religion" but "discussion".

"Mentioning" and "discussing" are two different things.
Rich Holmes
Camillus, NY
Secretary / newsletter editor
Syracuse Rocket Club

http://richsrockets.wordpress.com
Bat-mite, I believe that they simply don't want any prosthelytizing, bashing, etc. I don't believe that the policy is to ban well-wishing, such as saying Merry Christmas or having Secret Santa things or whatever.
NAR #96751, Level 2
Mayhem Rocketry, LLC
That's a nice rocket you have there...if you're looking for me, I'll be under my car.
(06-24-2015, 02:07 PM)Bat-mite Wrote: I have a question about "religion," which is a word that means something different to every person.  I would like some clarifications.

Does "religion" mean "debating," "proselytizing," "bashing," or does it extend to simple statements of fact?  For example, if someone asks me why I wasn't at a launch on Sunday, and I reply that I was in church, have I violated policy?

Likewise, if someone posts about being sick, can I reply that I am praying for him/her?

Why not use a PM to those people that ask you that question or to tell them you are praying for them?
"I wanted it to be as clean as that operating room where they're gonna cut out yer heart!"
Stockdale Will Will Stockdale
"Last name first first name last."
This forum is set up so you have to log in to get the "View New Posts" link, but anyone can click "Member List" and obtain all sorts of information whether logged in or not. Most forums are exactly the opposite. Can this be changed?