Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
July 18th SE Ohio Club Launch: WVSOAR 546
Hello, and welcome to our JULY club launch. It is planned for this Saturday, July 18th, weather permitting.

We borrow the field at the Bob Evans Farm, in Rio Grande, Ohio once a month to launch from 10am to 4pm.
The launch date is open to any rocketeer, born again, NAR member or newbie....
We practice safety on the field, but don't stand on formality.
Updates and discussion of field conditions, weather, postponements and other club business is held on our facebook page: WVSOAR NAR 546, and all are welcome to read over our shoulder or post questions.

We normally have at least one vendor present who helps us with supplies, motors, kits, etc.  However, they also travel to other larger venues, so ask in advance if you're counting on buying something specific.

We're batting about 50-50 so far this year, with two very successful launches, and two rained-out .  As of this moment, the NOTAM has been filed with the FAA for pilots.  There is normally a "K motor Limit under 10,000 feet" but if you have questions, please ask. (I'm LPR and so the HPR terminology is greek to me!)

The drive to the field is virtually all expressway, and there's a great Bob Evans restaurant immediately across the road from us, so feel free to load up and set the cruise control to come spend the day in SE Ohio with us! Cool
We normally have at least one vendor present who helps us with supplies, motors, kits, etc.  However, they also travel to other larger venues, so ask in advance if you're counting on buying something specific.

*I have been informed that our usual vendor will not be present at the July launch to sell rocketry supplies. Please be advised.
(That's not to say that there won't be others with tool kits, jump kits, and excess materials that might share... but no vendor.)
(06-28-2015, 05:34 PM)Kirk G Wrote: We normally have at least one vendor present who helps us with supplies, motors, kits, etc.  However, they also travel to other larger venues, so ask in advance if you're counting on buying something specific.

*I have been informed that our usual vendor will not be present at the July launch to sell rocketry supplies. Please be advised.
(That's not to say that there won't be others with tool kits, jump kits, and excess materials that might share... but no vendor.)

We had a great day, and plenty of mid-July humidity and heat!   There was at least one Level One certification flight, and I got to launch five rockets, including the Lil Green Man, the Mega Mosquito, and lofted a raw eggs safely twice!   I was very pleased, even though my beloved Mega Mosquito failed to open a chute the second time up, and so crumpled the body tube.  Maybe it's time to retire it and build another... Sad

On the other hand, maybe I'll just repack it and see how it flies with a crumpled body tube??!! Oh what fun we'll have....Wink