Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
40th Anniversary of ASTP
Hi folks:

It is hard for me to grasp that next month will be the 40th anniversary of the final Apollo/Saturn launch, the Apollo-Soyuz Test Project, as I was ten years old at the time. In celebration of the occasion I am scratch-building a Saturn Ib using BT-5 as tanks, BT-50 as core and BT-70 as S-IVb. Just waiting on some parts.

In lieu of a paper transition, I'd like to use a BT-55 to BT-70 balsa transition on this Ib. Has anyone ever seen one available? Thanks.
Living life dangerously...launching C's on a B field.
(06-23-2015, 09:24 PM)Joe Shockcord Wrote: Hi folks:

It is hard for me to grasp that next month will be the 40th anniversary of the final Apollo/Saturn launch, the Apollo-Soyuz Test Project, as I was ten years old at the time. In celebration of the occasion I am scratch-building a Saturn Ib using BT-5 as tanks, BT-50 as core and BT-70 as S-IVb. Just waiting on some parts.

On a side note, I'd also like to try my hand at a BT-70 based Saturn V. Has anyone seen a BT-55 to BT-70 balsa transition available anywhere? Thanks.

No but BMS would be my first choice for the transitions and the cone.

OTOH USR AIR-4!

saturn1B.3.gif
Exemptions not regulations. Please purchase a few rockets from http://v-serv.com/usr/instaship-visual.htm
Thanks. Support eliminating explosive treatment of slow burning solids by DOT.
I apologize for the goofed post. I meant to ask if anyone had seen a 55 to 70 transition for me to use with this Saturn Ib, not a Saturn V. I corrected my original post to reflect that

@Rocketman: My scratch build is very similar to the USR Air-4, as I am also using a paper transition. I would like to find a 55 to 70 transition so I can make use of all that BT-70 room for a parachute.
Living life dangerously...launching C's on a B field.