Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need Help with the MicroMaxx Forum
I can't post on the MMX Forum area. 
I just wanted to be the first before it was taken over.  Tongue
I get the message:
"Sorry, but the forum you are currently viewing does not contain any child forums."

Child forums? I know the MMX rockets are small.
I really wanted to test things and see if I could easily post a picture.
Here goes - 

Well, I can't insert a picture without using a URL, you have to attach it outside the copy block.
It'd be easier to drag and drop or inset without going through the extra steps. 
I don't store my pictures online but keep them on the hard drive.
Moot point, I'll just deal with it.

Congrats on starting the new forum.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Yeah. The Attachments function doesn't seem to be working correctly. I had to hot-link a pic from my Public DropBox folder in another thread.
(06-07-2015, 11:09 AM)phlash Wrote: Yeah.  The Attachments function doesn't seem to be working correctly.  I had to hot-link a pic from my Public DropBox folder in another thread.

Works for me.

At bottom under Attachments, click Choose File and choose one.
Click "Add Attachment."

Attachment appears. Click Insert Into Post.

There it is. Overly complicated though. And tiny thumbnail. If you want a big picture you have to use the Insert an image button and enter a URL.
[Image: patrioonyrender2.png]
Rich Holmes
Camillus, NY
Secretary / newsletter editor
Syracuse Rocket Club

http://richsrockets.wordpress.com
When I try to upload a picture a yellow bar appears at the top of the "Post New Reply" box saying,
Please correct the following errors before continuing:
  • The file you attached is too large. The maximum size for that type of file is 500 kilobytes.

I have tried uploading 7 meg though  841 kilobyte pictures, apparently the size limit is not 2 meg but 500 kilobytes for me.
BuiltFromTrash
First RMS Flight: June-17 2015
Pringles Can Rocket
G53-FJ-7 (29-40/120) 92 Newton-Seconds
~1300 Ft
Try downsizing your picture.
I downsized my last picture to "web sized/medium quality", using Adobe.
It resulted in a thumbnail, but when you click on it you get a decent sized picture.
If you want large very high quality, upload your picture to any of the free photo sharing sites, and link to it here.
Greg Young - L3
TRA 00234
NAR 42065
(06-19-2015, 09:25 AM)BuiltFromTrash Wrote: When I try to upload a picture a yellow bar appears at the top of the "Post New Reply" box saying,
Please correct the following errors before continuing:
  • The file you attached is too large. The maximum size for that type of file is 500 kilobytes.

I have tried uploading 7 meg though  841 kilobyte pictures, apparently the size limit is not 2 meg but 500 kilobytes for me.

That is on ME guys SORRY!

Websites and Servers have many layers of control. This server and Site have files size limit of 2MB = 2048kb BUT the forum software has its own layer which was set at 500kb for images. I was not aware of that until BFT posted his Error. It is NOW set to 2MB

Again my Apologies!

Thanks, it works now.  This picture is 841 Kb.

It takes time to get any new website up and running properly, a forum just adds to the pressure.  This is shaping up to be a great forum, thanks and keep it up!
BuiltFromTrash
First RMS Flight: June-17 2015
Pringles Can Rocket
G53-FJ-7 (29-40/120) 92 Newton-Seconds
~1300 Ft
Thanks nismerf, now I don't have to downsize quite as much! Smile
Greg Young - L3
TRA 00234
NAR 42065