Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Non-standard size FWFG Tube Builder's Kits - AVAILABLE NOW!
Head on over to my Facebook Page (Patell Manufacturing) to see what I have in the queue for the coming weeks!

Patell Manufacturing FWFG Builder's Kits

Build "Thread" - Single Deploy Kit

"Coming relatively soon...a short run of filament wound fiberglass builder's kits! These tubes are 3.715" OD and 3.615" ID, which is not a standard size tube. The tubes are very uniform and precision ground on the OD, identical to what you get from other vendors. I plan to make two different "kits" available using these tubes which will feature an adapter sleeve to permit the use of commonly available 3" nose cones! The kits will be configured as follows:

Single Deployment Kit
- 36" or 48" booster tube
- 3D printed nose cone adapter for use with standard 3" nose cones 

The prices will be significantly below comparable sized FWFG currently available on the market. 

The rest of the items you need can be sourced from Mike at MAC Performance Rocketry (www.macperformancerocketry.com) and Nat Kinsey (email at natkinsey@gmail.com). Mike has cones, motor tubes, Aeropack retainers, and other necessities, while Nat can cut you centering rings, bulkheads, and fins. If you're looking to go it alone, you can make everything yourself!

Keep an eye out for these kits! I'll post build pictures as I put mine together!"

[Image: 10981738_1474067219558391_35516610323334...e=564B843B]
It looks interesting!  I am with Dave on the shouldered look as it is unique to this hobby.  The other has the Nike Smoke look, been there done that.

The timing is off for me.  Rocketry warehouse got me with an "Hump Day" impulse buy on a 4"x60" booster and 4"x30" payload with the matching 5:1 conical nosecone for a scratch build.  Nat will be getting some CNC work on it though.

I will keep your stuff in mind for the next one as I like the look of the quality and attention to the fit and finish.
(07-24-2015, 11:33 PM)Pitter Wrote: It looks interesting!  I am with Dave on the shouldered look as it is unique to this hobby.  The other has the Nike Smoke look, been there done that.

The timing is off for me.  Rocketry warehouse got me with an "Hump Day" impulse buy on a 4"x60" booster and 4"x30" payload with the matching 5:1 conical nosecone for a scratch build.  Nat will be getting some CNC work on it though.

I will keep your stuff in mind for the next one as I like the look of the quality and attention to the fit and finish.

Yea.  A part of me is screaming "conspiracy theory" as the market was flooded with similar size and attitude parts right after I posted my tease, but obviously it has nothing to do with their offering.

I will not be putting a complete kit together, just tubes and a nose adapter.  Building complete kits would drastically increase my cost and time investment.  The goal is to get some good quality tubes, albeit odd sized, in people's hands at really great prices.
Dan Patell
TRA 10904 L3
Patell Manufacturing Facebook Page
Want to post some pics here for those of us who don't have FaceBook?
John S.
NAR #96911
TRA #15253
MDRA
Level 1, 2014-Mar-15 -- Aerotech Sumo, H133BS
Level 2, 2014-Jun-21 -- Giant Leap Vertical Assault, J240RL
Level 3, 2016-03-12 -- MAC Performance Radial Flyer, M1101WH, 13,028 feet
(07-27-2015, 09:16 AM)Bat-mite Wrote: Want to post some pics here for those of us who don't have FaceBook?

You shouldn't need Facebook to look at the pictures.  Try the link and if it doesn't work I'll post here.
Dan Patell
TRA 10904 L3
[Image: 03NNo6Gl.png]

If you're interested in playing around with a design for these tubes and adapters, I've put together some starting point Open Rocket files!!!

36" Package Open Rocket File

48" Package Open Rocket File

The transition is 3.00" ID and accepts standard 3" couplers.  You can either put a nosecone in the transition to make a "shouldered" rifle cartridge look, or you can put a 6" or longer coupler in the transition to permit the use of a 3" upper tube!

For my Beta kit (which had a longer transition), I did the prior and put the cone in the transition.  Flew great on a 54/1G I190 to, 1,900!

[Image: 6dZ1Gvxl.png]
Dan Patell
TRA 10904 L3
Dan, parts look really top notch--nice work!
(08-11-2015, 07:57 PM)dixontj Wrote: Dan, parts look really top notch--nice work!

Thanks Tim.

The tubing is startlingly nice.  I purchased a few through eBay on a whim and was blown away at my luck when I received them.  I subsequently figured out he was only a 45 minute drive from me and that he had a mess of 48" lengths, so I went and bought him out!

Now I need help from all of you to disperse it into the rocketry community!  The rocket that I built with the tubing is going to be a very common flyer at launches, it flies really nicely on 54/1G motors!

[Image: Jtk8nTDl.jpg]
Dan Patell
TRA 10904 L3