Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Happy anniversary!
Happy anniversary!  The Eagle has landed!
Clear skies and straight smoke,
Mike
NAR 31689
"That's one small step for a man, one giant leap for mankind."

Here men from the planet Earth first set foot upon the Moon, July 1969 A.D. We came in peace for all mankind.

I watched it on TV, sitting in the floor just three feet from the small B/W screen.

It was more than the discovery of fire, more than the development of written language, more than the understanding of the scientific method, more than physics and engineering, more than the workers that built it and more than the society that supported it because it was the culmination of all of those things.

It was and still is the greatest moment in the history of mankind.

At the age of seven, I knew that then and know that today, forty six years later.
"I wanted it to be as clean as that operating room where they're gonna cut out yer heart!"
Stockdale Will Will Stockdale
"Last name first first name last."
I also watched it at age 9 on a b/w Zenith console.
I can still hear Walter Cronkite's voice.
You can go and record the entire CBS broadcast of the landing with Walter Cronkite and Wally Schirra on YouTube.
I still have a LP collection of a half dozen or so 33 1/3 rpm records that documents the US space program from Mercury through Apollo. Haven't listened to those in over 40 years since playing them once. I think it's time to play them again! Smile
Greg Young - L3
TRA 00234
NAR 42065