Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Galactic Wave
heres 1 of the rockets I'm in the middle of building (also a test on adding pics)
its supposed to cly on a C motor but I kinda left the motor mount out

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(07-27-2015, 10:00 PM)oddmanrockets Wrote: heres 1 of the rockets I'm in the middle of building (also a test on adding pics)

It's probably not the pig on an 18mm motor that the Gravity Rider is, but you'd be best off building it with a 24mm motor mount and making yourself an 18mm adapter.  I bought the Wave and Gravity Rider at the same time, and immediately decided to cluster the Rider with two 18mm engines while making the Wave 24mm powered.  As a 24mm bird it's not the easiest thing to balance and it definitely not something you want to try flying in windy conditions.

(07-27-2015, 10:00 PM)oddmanrockets Wrote: heres 1 of the rockets I'm in the middle of building (also a test on adding pics)

It's probably not the pig on an 18mm motor that the Gravity Rider is, but you'd be best off building it with a 24mm motor mount and making yourself an 18mm adapter.  I bought the Wave and Gravity Rider at the same time, and immediately decided to cluster the Rider with two 18mm engines while making the Wave 24mm powered.  As a 24mm bird it's not the easiest thing to balance and it definitely not something you want to try flying in windy conditions.
Recently finished: Estes Nova Payloader, Estes Star Wars R2D2
In the paint booth: Estes Super Neon XL, MPC Taurus-1, Estes Screamin' Mimi
Under construction: Estes Pathfinder, Estes Magician (2440), TLP Hellfire AGM-114A
Ready for decals: Semroc Cherokee D, Quasar XL
On deck: Centuri Vector V, TLP Martel AS 37
It's a nice looking rocket from what I can see in the picture.
You can add a higher resolution image, which will still show up as a thumbnail, but when clicked upon it will expand to full size.
As an alternative you can upload it to flickr for free, and link to it here, for a larger, full resolution picture.
Greg Young - L3
TRA 00234
NAR 42065
The Galactic Waive is a pig on 18mm BP. Like a lot of the Sunward kits put in a 24mm mount for a D12 and a modicum more nose weight. You can fly it on 18mm composites. If using the Single Use AT 18mm composites reinforce body tube above motor mount for the hot ejection charges. With all the junk in the trunk on the Galactic waive I think a D12 would be real nice. Wish I had done mine 24mm.