Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TORC Launch, 8/8/15 - Personal launch report
http://wallyum.blogspot.com/2015_08_01_archive.html

Only made seven flights on the day.  I'd planned for at least twice that.  (heavy sigh)
Recently finished: Estes Nova Payloader, Estes Star Wars R2D2
In the paint booth: Estes Super Neon XL, MPC Taurus-1, Estes Screamin' Mimi
Under construction: Estes Pathfinder, Estes Magician (2440), TLP Hellfire AGM-114A
Ready for decals: Semroc Cherokee D, Quasar XL
On deck: Centuri Vector V, TLP Martel AS 37
(08-10-2015, 05:39 PM)Bill Eichelberger Wrote: http://wallyum.blogspot.com/2015_08_01_archive.html

Only made seven flights on the day.  I'd planned for at least twice that.  (heavy sigh)

You have some great-looking birds.  I'm jealous that you can get in seven launches in a day.  I'm all HPR, and I feel lucky if I can get four or five in.  And that's only if I prep at home for a few nights before launch.
John S.
NAR #96911
TRA #15253
MDRA
Level 1, 2014-Mar-15 -- Aerotech Sumo, H133BS
Level 2, 2014-Jun-21 -- Giant Leap Vertical Assault, J240RL
Level 3, 2016-03-12 -- MAC Performance Radial Flyer, M1101WH, 13,028 feet
Yeah, nice report about nice rockets Smile Now, if you could just remember all your boxes LOL.  I personally have 2 range boxes, a motor box, and a big plastic bin full of stuff. My personal trick is forgetting the igniter sub-box that's supposed to reside in the top of the motor box. :eek:

...and your blog feed is now in my reader!
Member of MDRA, NAR and NARHAMS;
Level-2 certified but mostly fly G and under;
Volunteer compiler of manufacturer's news for ROCKETS Magazine.
(08-11-2015, 10:29 AM)Bat-mite Wrote:
(08-10-2015, 05:39 PM)Bill Eichelberger Wrote: http://wallyum.blogspot.com/2015_08_01_archive.html

You have some great-looking birds.  I'm jealous that you can get in seven launches in a day.  I'm all HPR, and I feel lucky if I can get four or five in.  And that's only if I prep at home for a few nights before launch.
Thank you.  Prepping was on my list of things to do at some point before last Saturday, but circumstances conspired to lead me astray.  BTW, five of those were new builds/first time flights.  They rarely look that good again.  I probably have twice that many again that didn't make the cut this time, so if I can keep from sitting on them until September I may have another decent looking group to fly.  Fingers crossed.

(08-11-2015, 03:20 PM)rstaff3 Wrote: Yeah, nice report about nice rockets Smile Now, if you could just remember all your boxes LOL.  I personally have 2 range boxes, a motor box, and a big plastic bin full of stuff. My personal trick is forgetting the igniter sub-box that's supposed to reside in the top of the motor box. :eek:

...and your blog feed is now in my reader!

I remembered the two motor boxes and the big plastic bin, and I recently bought a bag that makes it easy to consolidate all of my sub-box stuff, so that went as well.  That darn Tupperware box, though........
Recently finished: Estes Nova Payloader, Estes Star Wars R2D2
In the paint booth: Estes Super Neon XL, MPC Taurus-1, Estes Screamin' Mimi
Under construction: Estes Pathfinder, Estes Magician (2440), TLP Hellfire AGM-114A
Ready for decals: Semroc Cherokee D, Quasar XL
On deck: Centuri Vector V, TLP Martel AS 37
Nice report and photos as always Bill. I always enjoy reading them.

David