Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mr. Bob's LDRS project
You may have seem this posted elsewhere but maybe not. Here is Polish Thunder III. it will be going up at LDRS. 9' tall 5.5" diameter. 3 54mm motor tubes. Basicly a clone of a LOC King Viper. But I am using Phlexable Phenolic tubing and 3/8" centering rings. Planning on demoing 3 new AT J250W DMS motors in it.
Mr. Bob
Countyline Hobbies
Grovertown, IN.
574-540-1123
countylinehobbies@yahoo.com
www,countylinehobbies.com
Like us on Facebook

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Great looking build Bob! My wife would love it (former Twardowski)
I am looking forward to seeing the new 250W DMS motors, especially a cluster of 3.
Were there any specific issues you encountered in working with phenolic tubing in your build (or any tips/tricks you might have utilized)?
Greg Young - L3
TRA 00234
NAR 42065
It is a great looking build and I have seen pieces of it in your shop. I wish I could make it to LDRS to see it in flight. You will have to launch it again for us out here at some point.
(06-08-2015, 08:59 AM)Greg Young Wrote: Great looking build Bob! My wife would love it (former Twardowski)
I am looking forward to seeing the new 250W DMS motors, especially a cluster of 3.
Were there any specific issues you encountered in working with phenolic tubing in your build (or any tips/tricks you might have utilized)?

Phlexable Phenolic is not brittle like standard Phenolic. It has some give to it. One thing I like to do is take a tube and let it fall on the cement floor. regular Phenolis will crack or shatter. but not this stuff. The Spirals are a little smaller then your regular Phenolic also. If I have the time I will use auto bondo spot putty (red or green) and fill in the cracks. It sands down easily. But on this project I was in a rush (I didn't feel like sanding a 9' rocket Big Grin ). Swing by my Vendor spot and I will jabber away with you and you can check it out close and personal.
Originally it was going to fly at Thunderstruck 6 but the field was lost.
Indiana rocketry has a couple good replacement fields in the works and I also fly with Michiana at Three Oaks in the cold (Er sometimes FREEZING) time of the year Nov-April. so it will be more then a 1 shot wonder.
Mr. Bob
Countyline Hobbies
Grovertown, IN.
576-540-1123
countyliniehobbies@yahoo.com
www.countylinehobbies.com
Like us on Facebook
Bob that is a nice looking rocket you should post that on the LDRS featured flight page!
http://ldrs34.org/featured-flights/

Bill Clune L3 | NAR#88583
Been a launch Director
Founded a Club
MARS Club|SRC|MDRA - Forever
I agree with Bill!
I will be sure to stop by and chat with you at LDRS Bob. Smile
Greg Young - L3
TRA 00234
NAR 42065
(06-08-2015, 12:51 PM)wclune Wrote: Bob that is a nice looking rocket you should post that on the LDRS featured flight page!
http://ldrs34.org/featured-flights/

It has been sent.
Mr. Bob
Countyline Hobbies
Grovertown, IN.
574-540-1123
countylinehobbies@yahoo.com
www.countylinehobbies.com
Like us on Facebook
(06-08-2015, 08:44 AM)Bob Jablonski Wrote: Here is Polish Thunder III. it will be going up at LDRS. 9' tall 5.5" diameter. 3 54mm motor tubes. Basicly a clone of a LOC King Viper. 

And a real King is coming to address the situation.

Tongue
Bob is doing a cluster...

The relay boxes out by the pad are terrified.

Seriously though...Good luck Bob!
Dave Brunsting
L2 - NAR and TRA
If you guys need power for clusters, I added some HUGE freeking batteries this spring! Clusters NOT a problem.

Bill Clune L3 | NAR#88583
Been a launch Director
Founded a Club
MARS Club|SRC|MDRA - Forever