Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BLACK POWDER
Thanks for the link Tim!
One thing I immediately noticed - the description says 4F, but the picture of the container is labeled 3F...
That hopefully is just a listing error on the website..
Greg Young - L3
TRA 00234
NAR 42065
Your keen observation is noted. I also had a problem with the automated link going from my cart to the checkout. In order to attempt getting the order done correctly, I called my order in over the phone. Hopefully that will help avoid any errors. Smile
Well done. Looks like they used the same picture for every type of powder they sell.
John S.
NAR #96911
TRA #15253
MDRA
Level 1, 2014-Mar-15 -- Aerotech Sumo, H133BS
Level 2, 2014-Jun-21 -- Giant Leap Vertical Assault, J240RL
Level 3, 2016-03-12 -- MAC Performance Radial Flyer, M1101WH, 13,028 feet
It sure does. When in doubt a phone call will always work! Wink
Greg Young - L3
TRA 00234
NAR 42065
I got mine from www.powderinc.
(09-12-2015, 09:42 AM)Greg Young Wrote: Thanks for the link Tim!
One thing I immediately noticed - the description says 4F, but the picture of the container is labeled 3F...
That hopefully is just a listing error on the website..

Received my 4f from them yesterday. Obviously using the same picture for everything on their web site.
For those who were asking about the BP subsitutes, yes they will work....however they require a lot more effort to get to work reliably. Even Smokeless Powder (regular rifle/pistol powder) will work with proper containment. For what we use BP for it is the best product and FFFFg is the best way to fly, FFFg will work but FFFFg is better. Regular BP produces more gas quickly and easier than the other types of powder, yes it also creates more residue, however it is easily wiped out of rockets within a few hours of flying as long as its not too humid, BP and BP residue are hygroscopic so they will absorb airborne moisture over time making them harder to clean up. BP is the best product for those new to DD and or rocketry to start with ejection charges, due to its ease of use and reliability.
Thumbs Up 
Thanks for the informative black powder post!