Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bridgeton Area Rocket Club (BARC) - 10/3 Launch in Jeopardy!
First we were shutdown by the FAA issuing a TFR temporarily suspending model rocket operations in our area between 9/27-9/28. So we moved our inaugural HPR launch to 10/3.

Now tropical storm Joaquin is moving towards the east coast and is expected to slam NJ on Saturday (10/3/15) with high winds and heavy rain.

Sadly, we must face the real possibility that BARC will have to cancel our 10/3/15 launch. I'm not calling it a no-go yet, but I want to give as much advance notice as possible to those who were planning to come to the launch. Please check the BARC Website (Launch Day page).

If this Saturday's launch is cancelled, the inaugural HPR launch will move to 10/17/15 - a regularly planned launch day.

I am quite frustrated by having to continually be the bearer of bad news. Ironically, the original launch date's weather here was quite nice.
NAR 98451 L2; MDRA 024; BARC 001 (President)

(09-29-2015, 06:46 AM)wighty44 Wrote: First we were shutdown by the FAA issuing a TFR temporarily suspending model rocket operations in our area between 9/27-9/28. So we moved our inaugural HPR launch to 10/3.

Now tropical storm Joaquin is moving towards the east coast and is expected to slam NJ on Saturday (10/3/15) with high winds and heavy rain.

Sadly, we must face the real possibility that BARC will have to cancel our 10/3/15 launch. I'm not calling it a no-go yet, but I want to give as much advance notice as possible to those who were planning to come to the launch. Please check the BARC Website (Launch Day page).

If this Saturday's launch is cancelled, the inaugural HPR launch will move to 10/17/15 - a regularly planned launch day.

I am quite frustrated by having to continually be the bearer of bad news. Ironically, the original launch date's weather here was quite nice.

I hate Irony!

keep the faith the weather has been cooky for a lot launches this year!

Bill Clune L3 | NAR#88583
Been a launch Director
Founded a Club
MARS Club|SRC|MDRA - Forever