Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CinerocDV
And the winners are....

on YORF: mojo1986 and Royatl. TRF: dcbertelsen and Leo. TRC had no correct guesses.

Option A is the authentic Cineroc Nosecone. I'm quite pleased that most guessed B.  All told there were 23 incorrect guesses.

From what I can see in the photos that were provided, C had visible striations (a sign of 3D printing)(C was the original 3D copy sent to me, it was printed in natural ABS plastic (white), and was painted). B wasn't as clean as it could be (you'll be able to see it again soon in better shape), it was printed in black ABS.

Round 2 will be more difficult I think.

All The Best!
Jim
NAR #100544

"The Guide says there is an art to flying", said Ford, "or rather a knack." 
"The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."

Launching is Optional... Landing? That Depends on Trees.

Jim, where did you purchase the Cineroc 3D repro from?
I have an Omega yet to build, and have decided not to fly my original Cineroc, but rather a repro I can install a DVR in.
Thanks!
Greg Young - L3
TRA 00234
NAR 42065
(07-16-2015, 07:53 AM)Greg Young Wrote: Jim, where did you purchase the Cineroc 3D repro from?
I have an Omega yet to build, and have decided not to fly my original Cineroc, but rather a repro I can install a DVR in.
Thanks!

Hi Greg,

I didn't purchase it like you'd think in the traditional manner.  I've "contracted" this out to a teacher and his  team of high school students in Nebraska (Doug Bertelsen et al.).  We're trying to create a set of drop-in replacement parts for the Cineroc, as well as a shell suitable for a digital camera base.  The nosecone you've seen are part of that project.  When completed the files will be made available for people to download and print themselves (free of charge).
NAR #100544

"The Guide says there is an art to flying", said Ford, "or rather a knack." 
"The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."

Launching is Optional... Landing? That Depends on Trees.

Thanks Jim!?
It sounds like I will need to find someone with a 3D printer that can utilize the file....
Greg Young - L3
TRA 00234
NAR 42065