Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hey look, a new forum!
(11-03-2015, 01:01 PM)Bat-mite Wrote: Man, all this time I thought Dan was a mod.   Wink

Nope, not a mod.  I'd let pretty much anything go...so I'd be the un-mod.
Dan Patell
TRA 10904 L3
Patell Manufacturing Facebook Page
The only thing I'd like to change here (actually add) is a mobile app.
Member of MDRA, NAR and NARHAMS;
Level-2 certified but mostly fly G and under;
Volunteer compiler of manufacturer's news for ROCKETS Magazine.
Just warning the moderators / owners / etc.... if you're censoring posts on URRG, I'm out.

Seriously...I'll be done.
Dan Patell
TRA 10904 L3
Patell Manufacturing Facebook Page
(11-03-2015, 01:34 PM)rstaff3 Wrote: The only thing I'd like to change here (actually add) is a mobile app.
Same here. Tapatalk is a great way to keep all visited forums in one place. It probably requires little development too, although how much I don't know.
I like Dan's general organization, though I think that the current number of subs should be reduced 25-30% until overall traffic picks up. This is just a perceptual thing to avoid the impression that there is not much traffic. Not everybody uses the Today's Posts feature exclusively (me included).
Dave Cook 
NAR 21953 L2    TRA 1108
(11-03-2015, 07:56 PM)patelldp Wrote: Just warning the moderators / owners / etc.... if you're censoring posts on URRG, I'm out.

Seriously...I'll be done.

If this is the case, it's petty politics, for lack of any explanation from the management... Sad  Disregard, I just saw the post addressing this issue... Good to see common sense prevailed... Smile
Fred Wallace
MDRA Lifer
TRA 5763, TAP
(11-03-2015, 01:17 PM)rstaff3 Wrote: I personally don't much care if there are a lot of subforums. My entry into forums are 'today's posts', which I have linked in my browser's header. Even on the busier TRF, I generally only have three pages to flip through to see everything that has gone on since my last visit. Very easy.

^^^ This...

OL JR Smile
I have been off the forums for a while due to some family health issues.

Having just logged on today, I was disappointed to learn of some of the issues that have occurred.
That being said, things should now be back on track.

The philosophy of the forum has not changed. Everyone gets a clean slate starting out here.

It's time to move on and get back to discussing rockets, which is why this forum was setup!

DSR
(11-05-2015, 12:36 PM)luke strawwalker Wrote:
(11-03-2015, 01:17 PM)rstaff3 Wrote: I personally don't much care if there are a lot of subforums. My entry into forums are 'today's posts', which I have linked in my browser's header. Even on the busier TRF, I generally only have three pages to flip through to see everything that has gone on since my last visit. Very easy.

^^^ This...

OL JR Smile

I'm with this too! I usually log on to the forum and just hit "view new post" and voila no seaching for the content since my last visit, which is nearly daily.
My only "gripe" with this forum is that there's no "mark forums read" button at the top of every page...

It'd be nice after hitting "new posts" when it goes to the list of new posts, if there were actually a button on the page that allows you to mark the forums read... I open every topic I'm interested in in a new tab, and then have to go back to the original page (the  subforums page) and scroll all the way to the bottom to hit the ONLY "mark forums read" button that I've found on the page... VERY inconvenient...

The only other annoying thing is when I hit "new posts", I get some stupid message pop-up across the top of the screen saying "Firefox prevented this page from redirecting to another page" (the results of the search) and I have to click "Allow" for it to go to the results... and a stupid pop-up box in the middle of the page that says "Rocketry Center Forum says "Thank you for your search, you will now be taken to the results page- click here if you don't want to wait any longer".  Really??  Can't it just go directly to the friggin results without the extraneous crap?? 

Probably stupidity in whomever wrote the forum software, since this is obviously different software than the vBulletin that the Terribly Run Forum and the even older version of vBulletin software that YORF runs on... don't know what this is, but it's annoying as heck...

Thought I'd mention it on the off-chance that it IS a problem with the settings in how the forum is set up...

Oh well... 

Later!  OL JR Smile

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)