Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello
Hi Don,

I just looked at TRF, and it looks to me like it was only some playful banter on your test post. There's still a lot of things going on over there, and I wouldn't give up on it just yet.
NAR #100544

"The Guide says there is an art to flying", said Ford, "or rather a knack." 
"The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."

Launching is Optional... Landing? That Depends on Trees.

Thanks for showing the deployment pictures. I see the main wrapped up in the black burrito and starting to open. It all happens so fast in the air. There are alot of variables with dual deploy and it takes practice to become comfortable getting rockets back undamaged and within a short walk. If I recall your entire flight, recovery was close to the flight line with a soft landing.
The pictures add alot so thanks to the photographer.

Tom Cohen

MDRA
MARS
Tom Cohen

MDRA...Maryland
MARS...Geneseo N.Y.
Thanks to everyone for the hospitable welcome!!

Looking forward to being a part of the forum.

Don

Tom,

If you watch the whole sequence (which I didn't want to dump into the thread), you are right.  First, the burrito comes out, then the chute still in a bundle starts to come out of the nomex with the shroud lines extending,  then while the shroud lines are straightening the chute begins to unwrap, at about the time the lines go taut its starts to inflate.  Just like it's described elsewhere, but neat and reassuring to see visually.
NAR 98479 L3