Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
URRG Banned????
An unforced error by someone...seemingly corrected by someone higher up in the org chart. Hopefully not to be repeated.
NAR #96751, Level 2
Mayhem Rocketry, LLC
That's a nice rocket you have there...if you're looking for me, I'll be under my car.
(11-04-2015, 11:36 PM)wclune Wrote: Funny, i kinda liked those posts they way they were originally posted

[Image: 05169e01981f48943816d1f727c59a3ecebc5b-wm.jpg]
Riley Keller
URRG
TRA#15415
L1 25 Oct 2014 Estes MDRM CTI H133
L2 25 June 2015 Rocketry Warehouse DYOK, CTI L1030RL 14k ft mach 1.57

I'm addicted to building stuff, rockets are just a way to get highCool
To the admins, 

The allegations being made here need to be addressed publicly, not erased. Was there really an email sent to Mike Dutch telling him not to promote URRG? If so, did it then and does it now reflect actual Rocketry Center policy? If it does, is there a general site wide ban on promoting URRG? If it does not, why was the email sent?

It's really looking stinky, and will look stinkier, unless you make a public explanation. Deleting parts of posts with no explanation is entirely the wrong way to deal with this.
Rich Holmes
Camillus, NY
Secretary / newsletter editor
Syracuse Rocket Club

http://richsrockets.wordpress.com
I'm 1,500 miles away from you, and know none of the individuals involved. So given that I don't have a dog in this hunt, please consider the advice in the spirit in which it's offered.

I'm certain you've created this forum to be an improvement from the rest of what's out there. If so, take the high road.
I'm going to go out in the open right here and support the deletion of a rather offensive attachment to this thread by RKeller which didn't serve the URRG cause very well at all. It was low-brow and low-class. Shame on you. If that's URRG's position on the matter, then RC can delete all further posts from them for all I care. Sheesh.
NAR #96751, Level 2
Mayhem Rocketry, LLC
That's a nice rocket you have there...if you're looking for me, I'll be under my car.
(11-05-2015, 08:33 PM)wfcook Wrote: I'm going to go out in the open right here and support the deletion of a rather offensive attachment to this thread by RKeller which didn't serve the URRG cause very well at all. It was low-brow and low-class. Shame on you. If that's URRG's position on the matter, then RC can delete all further posts from them for all I care. Sheesh.

The intended reference, I'm assuming, was to point out that Bill liked the posts before being edited.... because he is the one who wrote them.   

Without knowing Who's actually in charge here, it's very hard to know what rules we're supposed to follow, and who is able to tell us those rules. 

So,  I'll ask again,  to whomever is behind the curtain:   We received word that promoting URRG is not allowed here.... from "RCenterAdmin" and Directly from Bill Clune. 

Someone else reported here  that this is a free forum.  

Which is it?  and Who are you so we know you're in charge.   I'm tired of trying to get permission from ghosts, and then being chastised for not going to a higher authority.

Who's driving this boat,  for real?
(11-05-2015, 08:49 PM)DBMcCann Wrote:
(11-05-2015, 08:33 PM)wfcook Wrote: I'm going to go out in the open right here and support the deletion of a rather offensive attachment to this thread by RKeller which didn't serve the URRG cause very well at all. It was low-brow and low-class. Shame on you. If that's URRG's position on the matter, then RC can delete all further posts from them for all I care. Sheesh.

The intended reference, I'm assuming, was to point out that Bill liked the posts before being edited.... because he is the one who wrote them.   

that is exactly the point. he liked it because he wrote it. not a personal low-brow
Riley Keller
URRG
TRA#15415

The picture was posted by you, RKeller. Don't pretend that you don't know why it was inappropriate and offensive.
NAR #96751, Level 2
Mayhem Rocketry, LLC
You seem pretty angry. What's your connection to this forum?
(11-05-2015, 09:48 PM)wfcook Wrote: The picture was posted by you, RKeller. Don't pretend that you don't know why it was inappropriate and offensive.

I understand what you are saying, but that simply wasn't the point.
Riley Keller
URRG
TRA#15415