Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
UROC launch on 07 Nov 2015 - Who is going, and what are you bringing?
Will be there with the kids, and hopefully some friends that we introduced to rocketry last weekend.

My flight list:
  1. Wildman 2.6" Jayhawk on an I245G, Motor Deploy (ready)
  2. Wildman Darkstar Jr. on an H148R, Motor Deploy (need to trim the upper rail button screw, find two more rivets)
  3. Painkiller Micro on a G145P, Motor Deploy (almost ready)
  4. LOC 4-29 SS [Clone], on 2x H194 or H175, Motor Deploy with a cable cutter (some work remains...)
My older daughter (9)
  1. Wildman WildChild on an F50-6 (needs rail buttons)  This is her first fiberglass build!
  2. Rocketry Warehouse Scarb 54 on a G67 (Need to trim rail button screw)
  3. Estes Partizon on an F40-7 (ready)
  4. Scratch build on A10-3T - designed and built when she was seven (ready)
My younger daughter (7)
  1. Estes Screw Machine on a B6-4 (Ready)
  2. Estes Purple Crayon on a B6-4 (Ready)
  3. LOC Stovi on an F40-7 (Ready)
  4. Fliskits Corona [Clone] on a B6-4 (The BT got crunched, gotta see if I can slip some couplers down to repair, or maybe sleeve the outside, or even cut out and replace)
By ready, I mean that the motor is built, everything is together, flight card filled out.  Yeah, I am packing the chutes in advance.  Only way we can get even half of these in.  Yes, this is an ambitious list.  Last "big" launch until next year (unless I want to drive 6 hrs to Vegas - I may do it).  Ground testing and packing tonight, then see how many we can put up and retrieve.
Bill Cooper
NAR #97213
L1: NARAM 56, 2x Upscale Fliskits Corona
L2: Oct. 2015, Wildman Interceptor A.A.D. 98
Member of UROC, former member of NOVAAR and NARHAMS
Hopefully next summer I can get down there and fly with UROC, I have family in Utah. My wife can visit with her family there and I can go play with rockets Smile
(11-06-2015, 01:01 PM)75Grandville Wrote: Will be there with the kids, and hopefully some friends that we introduced to rocketry last weekend.

My flight list:
  1. Wildman 2.6" Jayhawk on an I245G, Motor Deploy (ready)  <- AWESOME!!!
  2. Wildman Darkstar Jr. on an H148R, Motor Deploy (need to trim the upper rail button screw, find two more rivets) 
  3. Painkiller Micro on a G145P, Motor Deploy (almost ready)
  4. LOC 4-29 SS [Clone], on 2x H194 or H175, Motor Deploy   <-  Flew on 2 x H195R, and only one lit.  Plowed into the ground, and lost a fin.  Will try again next year
My older daughter (9)
  1. Wildman WildChild on an F50-6  This is her first fiberglass build! <-  Great flight, flew again on a G64-7(?)
  2. Rocketry Warehouse Scarb 54 on a G67 (Need to trim rail button screw)
  3. Estes Partizon on an F40-7 (ready) <-  Good flight
  4. Scratch build on A10-3T - designed and built when she was seven (ready) <- lost a fin somewhere between the basement and the launch site
My younger daughter (7)
  1. Estes Screw Machine on a B6-4 (Ready)  <-  Good Flight
  2. Estes Purple Crayon on a B6-4 (Ready)  <-  Good Flight
  3. LOC Stovi on an F40-7 (Ready)  <-  Good Flight
  4. Fliskits Corona [Clone] on a B6-4 (The BT got crunched, gotta see if I can slip some couplers down to repair, or maybe sleeve the outside, or even cut out and replace)
Flight report above.  7 for 8, the only problem was my first HPR cluster attempt, where one of the motors didn't light.

Jayhawk came in for a perfect landing - stayed upright!

(11-07-2015, 03:47 AM)rharshberger Wrote: Hopefully next summer I can get down there and fly with UROC, I have family in Utah. My wife can visit with her family there and I can go play with rockets Smile

Hope to see you here.  We just had our last regular launch yesterday, and we will hopefully resume in February.  Our last regular launch is usually in early June, providing fire hazard isn't too high.  July/August launches will be rolled into Hellfire XXI, with regular launches resuming in late September.
Bill Cooper
NAR #97213
L1: NARAM 56, 2x Upscale Fliskits Corona
L2: Oct. 2015, Wildman Interceptor A.A.D. 98
Member of UROC, former member of NOVAAR and NARHAMS