Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Launch at Bong June 20&21 2015
Celebrate Father's Day or celebrate with your Father by Coming out and enjoying the fun this weekend at Richard Bong State Park. There will be Low Power Pads, Pads for Mid Power and plenty of High Power pads. We will be launching Saturday and Sunday ( June 20 & 21st). Range will be open at 9:00 am. While the weather forecast doesn't look great at this time, it's Wisconsin so anything can happen. I know there are some exciting flights planned.
Tim from Wildman Hobbies will be there to help those last minute Fathers Day shoppers. 
Hope to see you all out there. 
Look for more information at WWW.Wooshrocketry.org
Russ Westergaard
NAR L2
Woosh & QCRS
Hmmm,

Me thinks an expensive way to save on shipping on the Jayhawk I just bought from Tim.....
No family stuff on Saturday and the GF and smaller boy are out of town still for another day....

Adrian

Adrian Butler
NAR 73787 L3
Tripoli 13524 L3 
QCRS, Princeton, IL
Chicago Rocket Mafia "The Mechanic"
(06-16-2015, 10:01 PM)jd2cylman Wrote: Hmmm,

Me thinks an expensive way to save on shipping on the Jayhawk I just bought from Tim.....
No family stuff on Saturday and the GF and smaller boy are out of town still for another day....

Adrian

Adrian, 
Come on out. it would be nice to see you. Some cool flights are planned, if the weather holds, Tim's gonna run his car out at the grove on Friday night.
Russ Westergaard
NAR L2
Woosh & QCRS
Well, I had a good time until the last flight. Spent a fricken hour in armpit deep water looking for my rocket.... Still had good signal from the tracker. Finally found it, then realized I didn't know which way was back when all the reeds are 10 ft tall. Try keeping a 5 1/2" dia water logged rocket, your very expensive tracker and your iphone out of the swamp.... Grrrr. SO, iphone has a compass. Got out of the swamp without calling for help. Got home (drove home in my undies; get THAT image out of your brain...) and couldn't get the liner out of the motor case. Go out to the farm (post shower), get the liner out finally (hammer handle and anvil), DROP the MFing case and wreck the threads on one end. GRRRRRRRRRR. Scrap one 54/2560 case.

Adrian (who really wants to cry right now....)

Adrian Butler
NAR 73787 L3
Tripoli 13524 L3 
QCRS, Princeton, IL
Chicago Rocket Mafia "The Mechanic"