Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Der Saturn Max
My latest project, the little known, never photographed until now, secret German moon rocket ...

Der Saturn Max

It’s been getting roll patterns over the past few days, and just needs the mid-body roll pattern.  Typical “Max” decals to be added in the next few weeks.  I must determine the size I want and contact Mr. Stickershock.

This one has the standard 24 mm motor mount, but will fly on the F24 White Lightning 24/40 RMS.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Lee
NAR 55948, L2
In Build: Mars Snooper
Next: upscale Sky Hook (Panavia kitbash)
In Finishing:  Estes Honest John, Red Nova, Super Cobra
Wow! There's some really nice detail for a DRM-Saturn mash-up.  What size is the main body tube?
(04-15-2018, 05:56 PM)MarkH Wrote: Wow! There's some really nice detail for a DRM-Saturn mash-up.  What size is the main body tube?

Sorry, I disappeared for awhile and didn’t check back! My wife and I did a 5500 mile road trip, with NSL in Geneseo right in the middle.  Still recovering from the trip.  Incredibly fun, but a bit much for 16 or so days.

This is an Estes 1/100 kit, so it’s a 4” tube. It was missing some pieces, so I decided to bash it into a Max.  Here is the final product, with Stickershock vinyl.  

I plan to fly at NARAM-60 in Pueblo in about a month.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Lee
NAR 55948, L2
In Build: Mars Snooper
Next: upscale Sky Hook (Panavia kitbash)
In Finishing:  Estes Honest John, Red Nova, Super Cobra
(07-03-2018, 12:47 AM)Trident Wrote:
(04-15-2018, 05:56 PM)MarkH Wrote: Wow! There's some really nice detail for a DRM-Saturn mash-up.  What size is the main body tube?

Sorry, I disappeared for awhile and didn’t check back! My wife and I did a 5500 mile road trip, with NSL in Geneseo right in the middle.  Still recovering from the trip.  Incredibly fun, but a bit much for 16 or so days.

This is an Estes 1/100 kit, so it’s a 4” tube. It was missing some pieces, so I decided to bash it into a Max.  Here is the final product, with Stickershock vinyl.  

I plan to fly at NARAM-60 in Pueblo in about a month.

Awesome. It's worthy of a pic in the Sport Rocketry NARAM coverage.