Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
increasing readership
I humbly suggest considering inviting well known rocketry enthusiasts to submit articles/threads on topics of interest such as: New building techniques (e.g. Crazy Jim); designing/building/launching multi stage rockets (.e.g. CJ, Jim Jarvis, and a slew of others); MD design/flight , GPS tracking, photography while in flight, discussions of ex motors, etc. 

Also-possibly have some manufacturers offer discounts on their items to readers on this site. 
I thoroughly enjoy the threads/posts of Mark H (I've been known to incorporate his sage advice into my own builds) and always look forward to his threads. By increasing the number of such threads (as suggested above), I believe that the readership and commercial industry support would increase.

I'm not a marketing pro-but I'd love to see this site flourish!

Thanks,
Fred, L2
(09-09-2018, 12:02 PM)FMarvinS Wrote: I humbly suggest considering inviting well known rocketry enthusiasts to submit articles/threads on topics of interest such as: New building techniques (e.g. Crazy Jim); designing/building/launching multi stage rockets (.e.g. CJ, Jim Jarvis, and a slew of others); MD design/flight , GPS tracking, photography while in flight, discussions of ex motors, etc. 

Also-possibly have some manufacturers offer discounts on their items to readers on this site. 
I thoroughly enjoy the threads/posts of Mark H (I've been known to incorporate his sage advice into my own builds) and always look forward to his threads. By increasing the number of such threads (as suggested above), I believe that the readership and commercial industry support would increase.

I'm not a marketing pro-but I'd love to see this site flourish!

Thanks,
Fred, L2

Thanks Fred.  This forum definitely needs help.

I don't personally know the people you mentioned, but assume they are all still happily posting on TRF.  CJ did start a few threads on here at one time, but seemed to have abandoned them midway through.  Perhaps he was not getting an 'atta boy' for his fillet work quickly enough.  Kidding aside, I think most people are afraid to post for fear of hearing crickets in response.

So if there is anyone out there reading besides the bots, please invite a half dozen of your rocket buds to post on here and light the place up.

Mark
I agree people want the atta boys and I firmly they believe they LOVE the DRAMA at TRF! Also Facebook and other social media are killing forums all around.

Bill Clune L3 | NAR#88583
Been a launch Director
Founded a Club
MARS Club|SRC|MDRA - Forever