Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What did you do with your rockets today?
In the same vein as the greatest rocket thread of all time, I submit to you this one.

Today, I made some mach diamonds, of course.  My first launch in over a year, on an Aerotech G76 green load.

[Image: GTube%20020319.jpg]

The rocket 🚀 had a payload bay but no provisions for an altimeter so I hacked together a quick sled to test out a new Marsa 33 altimeter and collect some data.

(02-03-2019, 11:18 PM)MarkH Wrote: In the same vein as the greatest rocket thread of all time, I submit to you this one.

Today, I made some mach diamonds, of course.  My first launch in over a year, on an Aerotech G76 green load.

[Image: GTube%20020319.jpg]

The rocket ? had a payload bay but no provisions for an altimeter so I hacked together a quick sled to test out a new Marsa 33 altimeter and collect some data.

Nice photo shot of the rocket jumping off the pad. If I had attempted the photo, the rocket would already be a 1000+ feet before pressing the shutter.
Thanks. The hard part was operating the Aerotech Interlock launch controller with one hand. The camera has a burst mode that snaps several frames per second, so getting a good shot is relatively easy..